Worth to upgrade to Shopify POS Pro??

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 5

Can only reply to comments for some reason here.  IT IS PRICE GOUGING PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!

I currently pay 79.99 for my Shopify POS. The new “pro” system will more than double my monthly fee. If I choose not to pay the extra 90 per month on top of the already 80 per month, my features get cut in half! I’ll def be shopping around for a replacement POS.

4 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
47 1 23

Yes, it makes me wonder if they are fixing to go way up on their website plans. Apparently they think this new POS is worth more than the entire Shopify website! So if they imagine that this new POS holds that kind of value, what on earth are they fixing to do to their Shopify website plans???  I may need to start researching how to move my store to a different platform in case they go way up on their website prices (or keep the $79 plan but reduce the features).

They will have to add a lot more features to Stocky and make it much more robust for it to add enough value to make it worth $89.  It will need a full QBO integration which includes full financial needs such as sales orders, purchase orders, inventory asset value, cogs reporting all in QBO. If it has a true business grade QBO integration like every other POS and inventory management software then I would feel its worth the $89. 

AS IS, it is incomplete, I still need other software to manage inventory, cogs, and QBO integration....which all those added on top of POS pro makes the Shopify POS insanely expensive. Just adding QBO integration alone makes it nearly $200 a month. At that point I can go with Dear with is WAYYYYYY more advanced than the Shopify setup and has a fabulous integration with Shopify. OR I can go with one like ERPAG which would be way cheaper than $200 a month and still far more advanced than Shopify. Even Hike would still be more advanced than the Shopify and only had the price as it is $99 a month with many more features including full financial integration with QBO.  Because of all the lacking features that require having other apps, even the free Shopify POS ends up costing more than a good POS system like Hike.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

I agree - shocking amount. And I don't know what we are supposed to be getting for the extra money, that the current app doesn't have.

I already pay 79.00 per month for the privilege of using hardware with my pos app, otherwise I would be on the 29.00 per month option.

The thing is, some merchant providers are now providing retail pos apps for free, And they will work with my hardware. 

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 3

If they do remove any functions from the classic app i will be moving my business elsewhere.

They have way priced themselves out the market if they think we will pay an extra 89 a month for something we can pick up next to nothing elsewhere - and with some providers its free. 

2 Likes
Highlighted

I have on email that the classic version will be defeatured and eventually unsupported, so in future the old version won't be useable, from POS support. Hike looks really good! Especially in Australia.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
47 1 23
@LemmonsStore Did they have an idea on how long "eventually" is? How sucky, I could smell this coming a mile away. Businesses suffer for years with a inadequate pos then when they finally start getting it a little more useable....go way up on the price

That's how they work....let everyone get integrated into it where it takes a lot of hardship to leave, then go way up on the price.....yeah, that's the kind of company I like to do business with *sarcastic*... I'm irritated with Shopify. I might just move to BigCommerce with the Primaseller or Hike POS.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 7
Hello,

Are you sure about that? I hope that can't be right that would be very very
very bad of Shopify would do that!
0 Likes
Highlighted
That is a great question. We have not announced any dates for deprecating the "classic" POS presently. Everything is in a bit of a flux at the moment and the "classic" POS will continue to function as is for the time being. However the "classic" POS will eventually be discontinued and at that point you will need to update to the All-New POS. If you were curious about the All-New POS and its features you can check out the resources below.

This was the reply from support about the removal of features of the old POS. If you look at the comparison charts between the two you will notice that there are differences that can only come about if there are features removed from the classic POS.
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 7
Thats really unbelievable! From $0 to $90!!! Is Shopify going crazy?!?! I
just bought everything i need! If i knew this before i would've choosen
another pos system! This is really criminal behavior! WTF!!

Looking forward to a reaction from Shopify......!!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 12

We sell furniture, and use the shipping information for delivery details. 

We are testing out the new POS today, and hit a bug.  The customer chose a bed and armoire, and we filled out their shipping address, phone, email etc. 

Entered the delivery cost, and brought up a total on a check out screen. 

They changed which bed they wanted so we had to go back, make that change. And the system lost all the delivery info.  So I had to enter it all again.  Why didn't it save it? And why is it a different check out screen? 

0 Likes