Worth to upgrade to Shopify POS Pro??

Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 16

I just noticed that you can't receive 2 different payments per order? Before we could select e.g. €50 cash and €50 by creditcard, but now you are limited to 1 payment method or am I missing this function somewhere?

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
23 0 20

Hi Capital

I try out, not only the split tenders payment didn't work but the partial payment also didn't work out as well.

How do Shopify roll out this new POS in another 10days (1st Nov 2020)........

I still prefer the Classic POS to be maintain if they unable to put all Classic POS function in the New POS Lite.

shopify pos.jpg

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 7

If you are a Retail Brick and Mortar you have no choice. You will NOT be able to do exchanges or refunds without PRO.

Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 12.08.46 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 36

My understanding is that you will be able to do refunds but not exchanges.

We plan to simply do a simple refund and sale for the exchanged item - not great - but better than the rip off of an extra $1068.00 a year for the something as basic as an exchange.

Once we are into the new year - we will be moving platforms due to these needless and greedy rip-offs.

If they had offered pro at a reasonable price we may have stayed - but I won't stand for extortion - which is exactly what this is.

3 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 17

I already do refunds instead of exchanges. If a client wants to change a product a second time the POS says you need to do it on the computer. It doesn’t make any sense. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 36

That's the same with Pro - so no difference.

I raised that issue with support and they told me that they will look at changing it if enough people ask for it.

Until then it's the same on lite, pro or the old classic.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 17

Yes, yes. 

Also, none else thinks it’s odd that they add up exchanges as a sale in the total of the register shift? 

when you look on stadistics or the website it shows the real number. I don’t get why it shows wrong on the register shift.

if you sold 100€ yesterday. Why would you count them today if the client exchanged for 120. It should only appear the the 20 more of today instead of 120... maybe I am the crazy one

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
52 0 28

The Split payment / partially paid is there, but it's way at the bottom of the list of payment choices. You probably have to scroll to it. 

We use it all the time, and it took us FOREVER to find. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
52 0 28

This drives me up the wall!!!!  I thought the way they handled refunds and exchanges was elegant, now it's wonky, it make me go to the other app to complete the refund?!?  WTF?!?

Seriously Shoify, this is some broken work around. I would love to know what the heck you were thinking. 

Thankfully we don't do returns or exchanges all that often.  But still: When we do it's important that it works. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
53 1 46

We often do exchanges because refund then purchase requires the customer to be able to fund both transactions  since refunds take several days to hit their card.

I would gladly pay for Pro IF the additional inventory management was complete enough to use and did everything necessary with QBO. Yet currently I still have to have a 3rd party inventory management system and do my QBO sync through that other software. For me, the "Pro" is still nothing more than a low feature cash register....so certainly not complete enough to be worth the money. 

Personally I resent Shopify trying to force its customers to use the "Pro" by deleting features from it's long time pos. They should have just added enough valuable features to the Pro that people would want it....but to decrease features in order to make people move really gets under my skin.

3 Likes