Worth to upgrade to Shopify POS Pro??

Tourist
5 0 2

I have two physical locations as well as online. I previously used Square for everything (website was via Squarespace) and had no pos issues. Shopify has a better website with more options and “flash”, which is why I made the switch. I invested in Shopify’s POS (readers, bar code scanner, receipt printer, everything - thinking that a whole use footprint would be more beneficial than a cobbled together Frankensystem of multiple components. Shopify showed me how wrong I was. As I mentioned previously, I have now reverted back to using Square as my POS and I (currently) use the Shopify website. I suggest doing a little research into Square to see if it Is a good fit for your business. I am SO grateful that I kept my Square account and equipment.

Excursionist
23 0 24

BTW, anyone still using Classic POS until now?
Because i am still able to use the Classic POS and top of the screen mention is the app is expire but so far still able to continue use. 

2 0 3

I too am so disappointed that we can no longer SAVE CART or do an EXCHANGE!! I am a small business with only one employee, so we do not need all the other options that the Pro gives us. We just need the basic, but the LITE is not enough for what we pay. The SAVE CART feature is so important especially during busy season. I am thinking that it might be cheaper in the long run to just purchase a whole other check out station (for my 900 square foot store which is ridiculous!). 

Excursionist
11 0 17

I agree with you. Our store is about 400 square feet. So paying an additional $90 a month is so crazy just to have BASIC features. I have been looking I to square and seriously thinking of using my time off after Christmas to switch.

Tourist
9 0 18

This is absolutely pathetic Shopify. I've been on here for 7+ years now and am weighing my options with other platforms after this disastrous update. 

I am not paying another $200 a month just to do exchanges that is insane especially when it has always been a feature on the classic version. 

At least let us use the classic version which was far better and faster to use.

Also you guys want to try and squeeze every dollar you can out of us but yet for 7 years now thousands of businesses have been begging for an update to be able to edit/combine customer accounts and Shopify hasn't done a single thing about it. 

I will be switching to someone else if these issues are not addressed and will recommend the same to everyone else.

Excursionist
38 0 23

But they are "listening to you feedback" hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahhahaha

Shopify sucks.

Excursionist
38 0 23

@Aria 

TO SHOPIFY SUPPORT: PLEASE READ THESE COMMENTS ABOUT WHAT YOUR ACTUAL CUSTOMERS THINK ABOUT THE PRODUCTS YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL US.  

No amount of research means anything if the products still sucks and people hate it so much they are leaving.  PLEASSSSSSE somebody just LISTEN to what customers think.  Stop worrying about the shareholders and the bottom line for once.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
776 25 257

Hey, @Rivertowninkery@eyeclothingco@MudandHoneyCF and @mariatlhj!

I am always happy to send feature requests on your behalf, however, I always need your store URL in order to do this. Our developers reach out to merchants from time to time to request more information on their pain points. For that reason, it's not possible for us to pass on feedback without store urls. 

Thank you!

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

What are shopify going to do about this? They should be ashamed!! 

Tourist
9 0 18

@Aria 

eye-clothing-company.myshopify.com

Please bring back POS Classic or at least exchanges and save cart or we will be switching to a new platform.

Thank you