Worth to upgrade to Shopify POS Pro??

Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
812 27 273

Hey, @Red_Stick_Spice!

I'm sorry to hear you've had so much difficulty.

I can see Miles has already addressed the issues on your other post and/or raised them as individual feature requests since they are all different to the complaints on this thread regarding features not being available on POS Lite that were previously available on POS Classic. It looks like Miles has it in hand so I will leave it with him.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Roman89
Explorer
50 0 40

So since a lot of countries go in lockdown again, the Netherlands will be in complete lockdown until the 19th of januari, I really hate it wven more to pay 90$ for the pro version I cant use now.

What are you going to do about this problem Shopify? Most people are not happy, there are a lot of basic options not available even in the pro version and most businesses are struggling.... Whats your goal? Making customers happy and satisfied or make them leave?

I already planned a demo for another POS supplier because I just need some very basic options that you can't provide. Mind you that I rather stay if everything would work the way we all want and if the costs would be lower!

TIME TO WAKE UP!!

dresses-boutique.myshopify.com

0 Likes
KingsStat
Excursionist
36 1 6

Kings-stationers-artist-supplies.myshopify.com

We’ll add our voice to the general comments here. 
Again, small business and the removal of ‘Save Cart’ and Exchanges from ‘free’ POS causes un-necessary headaches. 

0 Likes
Roostcollection
Explorer
64 0 29

For $89 Pro, I'm still waiting to be able to do Manual Returns when an (item) gift is returned, and you cannot attach it to an order!

This is as elementary as it gets. Simple returns. Look up an item and select to return it, Gift card or cash.

Other developers understood this, in the 70's.
Even cars had a reverse without a surcharge.

Returns.jpg

Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
812 27 273

Hey, @Roman89!

Can you please explain further why you can't use Pro?

Please be specific, which basic options do you need that are not available on Pro?

Once I have this information, I'll be happy to feed it back for you.

Thank you!

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Roman89
Explorer
50 0 40
Hey Aria,

Thanks for your reply.
What I really miss in pro is the following:

- When you make a quick sale you can only add the sales price. I also need
to be able to put in the buying/cost price otherwise it doesn't show the
marge right.

- I'm not able to make a return/exchange when I don't have the customers
receipt or if the customer is not in the system. Sometimes it's happens
that a complaint comes months later and now you can't really help these
customers. A simple return should ALWAYS be possible as in: Dress € 59.99
return/exchange.

- There should be added 21% vat on gift cards when selling them in the
NEtherlands if the item is only redeemable in one store or for products
with same VAT, like clothing, accessories, shoes, etc. This is NOT possible
in any way. I tried everything...

- The analytics are too basic I want to be able to install what there will
be shown on the POS analytics. For example I also want to see the marge and
now I have to look this up in the backoffice so extra time needed for me.

- I should be able to make more then 1 return per ticket as some customers
really need 2/3 times with changing...

- Customer view has not been updated since april 2019!!! This is a VERY
important feature to simply show customers the prices? Really strange
Shopify doesn't put any effort in this?

Hope you can help me out and add these very basic options very soon...
There is thousands of people complaining about these same options that they
NEED...

Greetings Roman
Roman89
Explorer
50 0 40

oh and I forgot it's also important that we're able to refund in the way we want. If some one payed by card and wants cash back because someone else bought it for example this should be possible. It's all very customer unfriendly

Rivertowninkery
Explorer
46 0 30

@Aria Surprise surprise, ALL feedback has been ignored and no changes have been made.  This horrible system was such a huge headache during our busiest month ever.  I had 10 other business owners this month ask me what POS system I used and recommended.  It felt so good to tell them to stay far away from shopify and your crooked schemes.  They were shocked that you were treating loyal customers like you.  Some even laughed when i showed them the system, all of its many flaws, and then told they YOU CHARGE $90 PER LOCATION FOR THIS TRASH!

Roman89
Explorer
50 0 40

@Ariaplease let me know when all these points are being solved? We are the ones paying and need this?! Just to tell us constantly that's you add it to the wanted feature list makes not a lot of sense if no one will work on the list...

0 Likes

@Aria 

Aria...if there is some work being done on any of the concerns raised by us, could it be communicated?
If it already is, please let us know where we can go to keep informed.  I know there is a change log where we
can read about what has already changed.  Is there an 'in progress' log so we can see what is in the works?

The lack of response to concerns on this thread suggests that no updates are being looked at on the POS PRO?
Is this a correct assumption?

An update would be greatly appreciated.