Worth to upgrade to Shopify POS Pro??

Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 14

I think they are trying to create a more modern interface, I see nothing wrong with that.  

The price is think is stupid. 

And they are trying to encourage more App developers to work within the POS. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 14

Price alone will keep up on classic, and they have actually made it harder to find products. I did a test with it for a few hours and we won't be using it. 

It lacks the ability to save transactions as partially paid. We sell custom furniture and 90% of our transactions have a deposit.  And in this system that seems to be missing functionality. 

So Shopify if you are reading this:  You can't drop partial payments!  

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
47 1 24

It is not worth $89. Stocky is not a good enough backroom as compared to other POS systems out there. When you receive items with a PO it doesnt keep up the cost of good sold of the items and your over all cogs, it has no accounting integration so does not update cogs with accounting. These are basic things that nearly ALL POS systems do without spending extra month. For the PRO to be worth $89 it would need to cover full financials with a QBO sync. As it is, I will still require other apps to go with it and it will end up costing more than a full solution like Hike pos that does everything for $99/month. It comes with Stocky....but Stocky is not a complete inventory management solution so you still have to have additional software. I dont know what they are thinking.

The PRO is still too incomplete to be $89. The fact that they would roll it out at this price point makes me not want to migrate to the Shopify POS because I'm worried I'll get in bondage too it with a Shopify POS based loyalty program and hardware and then they will strip the free one down until its unusable and I'm required to pay $89/month for a incomplete and lacking pos plus additional apps on top such as a proper QBO sync

4 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 3

So far mostly the PRO is more on the design......not the function much.......

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 8
I meant if I can stay indefinitely in the current version after October, without paying 89$. I know I can try the new version and come back. But I don’t see anywhere if I can’t stay with the old pos after the free trial ends.
0 Likes
Highlighted

We have had the same issue. Deleted and reinstalled the app but support has said now not to do that. We haven't had our iPad running for three days, running all our POS through my phone, which has updated & is working but is really not an option. There are a lot of simple issues that you just don't have with the classic on the iPad. When there's customers waiting for you to find their products, print their receipts, take their money!! it's not much fun. The reinstalled app has been loading the collections for 3 days. Support said there was an update this morning but nothing changed. Have managed to get another POS solution integrated & looks good, going to be the same price, seriously have to look at it as it offers much more than Shopify POS.

0 Likes
Highlighted

POS app hasn't worked in three days, running our store on my phone. This has been the screen now for days, can not get it to work.

IMG_94192122C630-1.jpeg

1 Like
Highlighted

Restored the iPad and just like that, all good again!! Installed the POS, loaded quickly and going as it was!

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
47 1 24
@LemmonsStore that's great you got it going....not so great that whatever the app was doing caused the iPad to need to be restored. Were you running a old version of ios?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Don’t think so, automatic updates turned on, iPad said it was up to date when I checked it.
0 Likes