change price of item

Highlighted
Explorer
125 0 17

There is a way to discount an item, but there is no way to change the price on the fly, like upping it.  I know there is a custom sale button but thats not the same thing.  I would love for this to be an official way of doing things

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
99 0 5

Hi Jai,

It's Shauna here from the guru team, thanks for getting in touch through the forums.

I know exactly what you mean here, although you can add a 'custom sale' through the POS on the fly, there isn't a way to edit the product prices on the fly through the POS.  I can submit this as a feature request to our developers, to make them aware that it's something you require in your business. :)

If you wanted to have this functionality on your online store, I'd suggest the Product Options app https://apps.shopify.com/product-options It allows you to modify prices and details of products on the fly when entering orders and then send payment emails to customers with payment links.

Hope this helps!

Shauna :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
125 0 17

why do you guys consistently push other peoples apps instead of changing something on your store? Is that the fix is to direct me to an application that does what the stock pos should do?

4 Likes
Highlighted
I’m sure it’s because they get kick backs from the fees the apps charge.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi! Did you guys figure this out. Since shopify allows us to input services, the price of service can be different for different clients. Can we change prices without having to pay for a $20 a month app?

@Shauna_M wrote:

Hi Jai,

It's Shauna here from the guru team, thanks for getting in touch through the forums.

I know exactly what you mean here, although you can add a 'custom sale' through the POS on the fly, there isn't a way to edit the product prices on the fly through the POS.  I can submit this as a feature request to our developers, to make them aware that it's something you require in your business. :)

If you wanted to have this functionality on your online store, I'd suggest the Product Options app https://apps.shopify.com/product-options It allows you to modify prices and details of products on the fly when entering orders and then send payment emails to customers with payment links.

Hope this helps!

Shauna :)

hout having to pay for a $20 a month app?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2
Hello i was wondering as well is this an option on Shopify pos yet. This is an important feature for me too. Every other pos system I have used has this option of changing the price on the fly. Please advise if Shopify is looking into this. Thanks
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

SO MUCH THIS... every other POS allows price changes on the fly or "department" buttons where custom sales can be entered... why not shopify? and this has been an issue for YEARS... even if one developer was working on it, that is at least 2190 days, so 2190 chances to address this and try to get it figured out... and if the developer had that many chances and still didn't figure it out, then, well, maybe they should be looking for new developers

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

just gonna chime in, 5 years later still didn't add a simple function every other platform has.

their excuse "for the protection of users and buyers from price surges and adjustments"

I guess they assume we are all crooks

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

i'm evaluating shopify POS and have put over 150 items into the system so that i have a good idea of what i'm dealing with... here's is the major, major flaw.

On a cash register, i can enter a price and hit a category button that assigns the price to that category. then i can track over time which categories do well... this is super fast when completing transactions with customers. you can't do this in shopify. there are many items that i don't want entered on an item by item basis into the system because it's not practical. if i have a rack of 200 products that are $3.50 each, all with different sku's/barcodes, i'm not individually entering them all... i want to pick a category to assign them to and enter the price.

the workaround WOULD be to just make a single item titled with the category and adjust the value of that item at the time of sale. but you can't increase the value of an item on the fly, so even a clumsy workaround won't work...

are you guys serious about bricks & mortar, or what? this is an absolute must. if there's a way to achieve what i want, i'd like to know what it is.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Useful sir salute

0 Likes