change price of item

Highlighted
Explorer
125 0 15

There is a way to discount an item, but there is no way to change the price on the fly, like upping it.  I know there is a custom sale button but thats not the same thing.  I would love for this to be an official way of doing things

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
99 0 5

Hi Jai,

It's Shauna here from the guru team, thanks for getting in touch through the forums.

I know exactly what you mean here, although you can add a 'custom sale' through the POS on the fly, there isn't a way to edit the product prices on the fly through the POS.  I can submit this as a feature request to our developers, to make them aware that it's something you require in your business. :)

If you wanted to have this functionality on your online store, I'd suggest the Product Options app https://apps.shopify.com/product-options It allows you to modify prices and details of products on the fly when entering orders and then send payment emails to customers with payment links.

Hope this helps!

Shauna :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
125 0 15

why do you guys consistently push other peoples apps instead of changing something on your store? Is that the fix is to direct me to an application that does what the stock pos should do?

3 Likes
Highlighted
I’m sure it’s because they get kick backs from the fees the apps charge.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi! Did you guys figure this out. Since shopify allows us to input services, the price of service can be different for different clients. Can we change prices without having to pay for a $20 a month app?

@Shauna_M wrote:

Hi Jai,

It's Shauna here from the guru team, thanks for getting in touch through the forums.

I know exactly what you mean here, although you can add a 'custom sale' through the POS on the fly, there isn't a way to edit the product prices on the fly through the POS.  I can submit this as a feature request to our developers, to make them aware that it's something you require in your business. :)

If you wanted to have this functionality on your online store, I'd suggest the Product Options app https://apps.shopify.com/product-options It allows you to modify prices and details of products on the fly when entering orders and then send payment emails to customers with payment links.

Hope this helps!

Shauna :)

hout having to pay for a $20 a month app?

0 Likes