email a payable invoice from an order made in POS

Highlighted
1 0 0

is it possible to take a filled cart from the POS and instead of having it paid in person, to email a payable invoice to the customer? I called the help line but their only suggestion was to build the order through the web dashboard, but I cant scan items into the order through that

So far the only workaround I've found was to mark it as partially paid with $0, then go into my orders and duplicate the order to make it a draft order, send that draft one out, and then delete the original order made. but there must be a simpler way than that. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
20 0 23

Yes, it's possible! :D

This app, Draft And Custom Orders For POS, (https://apps.shopify.com/draft-and-custom-orders-for-pos) solves that problem.

Before this app, you would have to go into the Shopify Admin (on the computer) to create or edit a draft order, and then in order to checkout/charge a customer, you would have to email/send them the invoice link or charge them through your computer.

Now with this app, you can create a custom draft order right within POS, and you can add that draft order straight to the POS cart in order to checkout/charge the customer inside your retail store or in person. Much easier and simpler!

When creating a draft order inside the POS, you can choose to email a copy of it alongside a checkout link to the selected customer. That should solve your problem :)

More info: https://www.lazertechnologies.com/blog/draft-and-custom-orders-for-shopify-pos

With Draft And Custom Orders For Shopify POS you can now do the following all within the Shopify POS app for any device:

1. Add existing products from your current inventory
  2. Create and attach a new service (including the length of the service, the per-hour rate, and any supplementary notes)
  3. Create and attach any new custom products that aren't currently in your inventory
  4. Specify a workflow status with your custom draft order (i.e. New, Estimate, Open, Pending, Completed)
  5. Create a new and/or attach an existing customer to the custom draft order
  6. Set a discount on the overall custom draft order
  7. Email the breakdown of the custom draft order to the selected customer
  8. Add the custom draft order straight to the POS cart