iPad app update, "In Store Gift Cards"

Peter_McKellar
1 0 0

I'm looking for more information on the iPad update that came out yesterday, it says, "Gift cards - Sell gift cards in your store that can be used online and in store. Gift cards can be printed or emailed to your customers. Redeem gift cards that were purchased online or in your store."

I've been anxiously awaiting gift card support for the POS side of shopify.  Is it finally here?  If not, what exactly did this update enable?

0 Likes
Andrew_Paliga
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 29

Hi Peter,

Yes, the newest update to Shopify POS supports Gift Cards. Our docs are being updated early next week. Once you pick a plan (professional or higher) you will have gift cards appear in the app as products and a payment type.

0 Likes
Cory_McElroy
Explorer
57 0 16

Is there a video yet to show functionality? Waiting to see implementation before choosing a different plan.

0 Likes
Cory_McElroy
Explorer
57 0 16

So far I'm enjoying the functionality, good job.

0 Likes
Cory_McElroy
Explorer
57 0 16

Sold a gift card and an error happend said "this gift card may or may not have been created" check the dashboard.

Then I decided to just sell another one to the person as I had a line full of customers. It printed with no barcode or num/letter code on it. 

0 Likes
Andrew_Paliga
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 29

Hi Cory,

Thanks for the feedback. 

Sold a gift card and an error happend said "this gift card may or may not have been created" check the dashboard.

This is the message we display when we don't hear back from the Shopify server on the status of the gift card. This could be due the same network latency that is giving you trouble with the printer. What is your current network setup?

Then I decided to just sell another one to the person as I had a line full of customers. It printed with no barcode or num/letter code on it. 

That's unacceptable. Sorry for this. Are you able to reproduce this behaviour? If so, can you please send us your data by pressing the top-right avatar and then "Need Help?" and then "Send Report".

0 Likes
Daniel_Armitage
3 0 0

Hi,

I am having the same problem. It prints the gift card with no code on it. Please help.

I can email the gift card and the code is there but I need it to print on the receipt itself.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Andrew_Paliga
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
233 0 29

Thanks Daniel,

We are looking into this now. Are you able to reproduce this behaviour? Please send us an error report by clicking on the avatar in the top-right corner then clicking "sent report" if this happens again. This will help us troubleshoot this.

0 Likes
Daniel_Armitage
3 0 0

Thanks, Andrew. I'll send a report and go from there.

Overall, we're loving the Shopify POS!

0 Likes
Cory_McElroy
Explorer
57 0 16

I had it happen again last night. I submitted a report.

0 Likes