in-store purchase only items

Charles_Hill
2 0 0

I have a current retail location and am looking into opening an ecommerce store as well.  I would like to advertise my current inventory online, but some of my products aren't feasible to sell online.

Is it possible to add an option that displays products online but makes it available for purchase in-store through the POS only?

0 Likes
hj
Shopify Partner
202 0 25

Hello Charles,

you can configure a product to be visible on your POS and/or within your online store. So yes, products can be available on your POS only.

HJ

0 Likes
Charles_Hill
2 0 0

I've already seen what your talking about but that is not what I'm asking.  I want to display a product online but make it unavailable for purchase online.

0 Likes
hj
Shopify Partner
202 0 25

Ah, I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question. Basically you have two options:

1. don't display the add to cart option for those products (for example using templates)
  2. allow them to buy the product online but require the product to be picked up in your store (for example using a special shipping rate)

HJ

0 Likes
Cory_McElroy
Explorer
57 0 16

Or you know, Shopify could actually write code to improve the PoS instead of making it's users find inefficient ways to get the works one we need. Most real retail fronts have lots of products like this. This is why we are retail fronts and not online businesses.

0 Likes
Amy_Sparreboom
Tourist
5 0 4

We are currently setting up our online store. We too have many products that require different collection methods. We will also be using the POS. How do you allocate "Pick up in store only" to specific items. We are setting up an online store so our customers can do their shopping at home, then call in and collect it and the order is already packed and payed for.

0 Likes