mPop cash drawer size?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

can anyone who is using it tell me the dimensions of the mPop cash drawer? Shopify tech wasn't able to provide dimensions. It looks tiny in the photographs. thanks. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1060 63 205

Hey, @IdealBham!

I'm sorry to hear that our support was unable to provide the answer you were after. Taking a look, the Star mPop all in one cash drawer is 4"x12"x12" (HxWxD). The dimensions, along with all other applicable information on the device, can be found on the hardware page here

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

-EDIT-

After posting, I realized you might have meant the literal cash drawer, and not the whole unit. If that is the case, then I'll report back here once I hear back from our Retail team as this information is not readily available.

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

yes, I was wondering how big the actual compartment that hold the bills and coins is. thanks for looking into it! 

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1060 63 205

@IdealBham 

It appears that Star Micronics provides very little insight into the exact dimensions of the billfold tray. What I was able to find was: 

Cash Till  

Removable Cash Till; 4 Bill / Adjustable 6 or 8 Coin Dividers

Holds up to 1,200 U.S. bills (30 per slot)

This is pulled directly from their website here. They also have a PDF document that provides information on the device here. Given that this device is intended to be compact, and can fit into small spaces with only being 12" wide, I would make an educated guess that the billfold tray is roughly 8" - 9" wide while being 12" long, and 3" high. 

My educated guess goes off the fact that the receipt paper is 50mm in diameter (2") if we add a buffer of 0.5" to each side for smooth printing, that would leave the 3" for receipt printer compartment. Alternatively, if we use the dimensions we know and compare it to an image of the device, we can see that the height (4") is the same length as the receipt printer compartment:

20-02-ih5cl-h45e2

I also knocked off 1" from the total height for the billfold tray as there is about 0.5" - 1" base. 

While I wasn't able to track down the exact dimensions, I do hope this helps provide some clarity on how large the billfold tray is should you purchase the mPOP unit. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

thank you!

1 Like