orders export missing vital information

Harold_Steinhar
Explorer
52 0 46

In Shopify POS I specify a customer.  And in Shopify POS I give a line discount.

I look at the orders in the dashboard.  I see the customer's name and I see the discount.

I click on export and open that file. No customer name and no accounting for the line item discount.  Who thinks this is a good export of data?  I looked at the export file because ZapStitch can't sync the line item discount with Quickbooks Online.  eCC can't seem to get the customer information synced.  So I though I would export the file and use Transaction Pro Importer to get the info in to Quickbooks Online.  And now I see why the other integrators are having trouble - Garbage Out of Shopify.

I'm not sure I can make this POS (both meanings) work if I can't share my data with my other sofware.

0 Likes
Harold_Steinhar
Explorer
52 0 46

Would someone at Shopify care to comment on this problem?  No Customer and no Discount appearing in the export? Really?

0 Likes
MrPunkin
Explorer
84 0 28

We too are curious how on earth we can see the per line item discount and some other necessary information in exports.

0 Likes
MrPunkin
Explorer
84 0 28

Actually Shopify docs state clearly there is a Lineitem Discount field, but it's always just a 0 in our exports: http://docs.shopify.com/manual/your-store/orders/export-orders

0 Likes