pricing

Stephen_Montes
Tourist
9 0 1

the average may be 77$ on shopify. but I person most ticket sales are in 25-35$ range. people spend more online then the do in person. people use there cc for a stick of gum in person. whereas online theywould buy a case of gum because of shipping. 

0 Likes
Shopify_Craig
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
332 0 26

Our new swiped Shopify Payments rates are 2.7%, 2.4%, 2.15%.  There is no 30 cent surcharge anymore as we've been able to negotiate better rates.

Craig

0 Likes
Kristi_Yamaguch
2 0 0

Natalie, I'd like to try what you'd suggested.  I see where I can add "Payment" method and I've named it "Square" like you've suggested.   Now once the customer checks out, I select "Square", leave the Shopify App and go to the "Square" app to charge the amount?  After amount has been charged, I go back to the Shopify App to select "Mark as Paid?"

Square then deposits money into our account, and Shopify does all it's collecting of data?

Thanks for any help,

0 Likes
Shopify_Craig
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
332 0 26

Kristi,

I'm curious: why wouldn't you use Shopify's card reader instead of Square?

Craig

0 Likes
Dillon_Blue
Tourist
6 0 1

Because Shopify won't Allow transactions for my "high risk" Business I sell electronic cigs and I'm having so many problems with finding a payment gateway I love my square card it is simple and easy as well as inexpensive. Shopify can I integrate my Square card reader as my gateway payment option at my checkout?

0 Likes
Asher_Levinthal
1 0 0

Is there no reply to Dillon Blue's question from 5 months ago?

0 Likes