Can I use shopify payments without SSN but have an LLC instead?

gastton
2 0 0

I think yes, why not?

0 Likes
Jeaninne
2 0 0

Hi Hellen:

I have a corporation in US, EIN Number, and all papers in order, products are fulfilled in US but don't have a SSN. I can send you all the papers you need. Can you please help me to finish  the shopify payments option.

Thank you very much

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
870 88 136

Hey, @Jeaninne. Welcome to the Community! 

Absolutely, I’m happy to escalate your request for review as well. I am sending you an email shortly in order to begin the process. Please reply when you get a chance, and we’ll get it started.

Thanks!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
MkZ
2 0 0

Hello Helen, same here with the US-based Corporation but the owner is a non-US citizen. We have a presence in the US and we fulfill orders from US. The paperwork is ready and it would be great if you can help me set up shopify payments account. Thank you.

0 Likes
Jeaninne
2 0 0
Hi:
It's been more than a month since my first request regarding this matter and I haven't received an answer.
Can you please help me

Thanks
Jeaninne

Ref: Your ticket ID is 20295974.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
870 88 136

Hi, @Jeaninne. I’m sorry to hear you haven’t heard anything back yet! I appreciate your patience.

Thank you for providing the ticket number; I am going to look into this for you and will follow up via email as soon as I have an update.

0 Likes
MkZ
2 0 0

Hi Helen! Same here with the ticket number 21130217. I would really appreciate if you can look into this. Currently, we can only accept Paypal which greatly affects our conversion rates. Thank you.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
870 88 136

Hello, @MkZ. Thanks for reaching out again. That’s great to see this request has already been escalated for as well. I’m more than happy to look into the status of it, so thank you for sharing the ticket number. 

In order to keep account information private and confidential though, I’ll be following up with you via the Account Owner email address as soon as I have an update. Keep an eye out for it!

0 Likes
jonathanMC
1 0 0

Hello Helen!

I want to activate Shopify Payments with my EIN number, but without SSN. My business operate in Venezuela, not in US. The currency in Venezuela (BsF) has a big big Inflation, that's why we are using a US corporation and bank account from US.

Could you please help me with any information about verification needed to achieve my goal? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
870 88 136

Welcome to the Community, @jonathanMC! I'm more than happy to help you out with this too.

Please note that due to high support demands at this time, it is taking longer than usual for requests to be reviewed. However, each request will be followed up with. Keep an eye out  for an email I will be sending you shortly with details about what documents will be required, so that you can prepare.

0 Likes