In case you missed it...

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
52 3 53

Hello Social Impact Community!

There have been a few really rad announcements these past couple weeks so in case you missed them, here's an update!

Shopify Capital in Canada and the UK

Shopify email goes global

Offset app LAUNCHED!

Shop app live April 28th

Donations for charities in Canada and the US can now be accepted on Shopify Payments for registered charities! - no press release but still handy to know.

Highlighted

Wow, Shopify is doing a bunch of cool stuff! :)

I read an article earlier today about the Shop app, saying it would help people shop local. But I installed the app and I was just sitting there looking at a list of brands, and was too confused to see how it could help me find local businesses.

My guess was the article misunderstood the purpose of the app, but reading the announcement, it sounds like they were correct.

I'll keep an eye out :)

Want to increase conversions or get more social media attention? Try Brisa Video Creator to quickly and easily create videos that engage your viewers!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi Katie, 

I am looking to add a donation option at check out for my own org. We are not a 501c3, but are a membership based org that relies on donations. Is there an app for this kind of thing? For instance, a customer buys a tee shirt form our merch store and then has the option to add a $5 donation to support us? 

Thanks

Highlighted

Not Katie, just trying to help out.

Looks like there are a few options you can check out:

https://www.google.com/search?q=shopify+app+donation&oq=shopify+app+donation

It's possible that accepting donations for yourself might cost money (first app was $5/mo).

Want to increase conversions or get more social media attention? Try Brisa Video Creator to quickly and easily create videos that engage your viewers!
0 Likes