Social Impact during COVID-19

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 31

Let's face it: COVID-19 is top of mind for everyone right now. How are you thinking / doing / reacting during this time?

I know many on this board are probably more occupied with business continuity plans than giving, but wanted to share information that might be useful to this community.

We’ve been fielding a lot of questions from our customers on the best and realistic ways they can help. This is a critical moment for the business community to pitch in where possible.

Two main areas:

1. Support public health response
    • US focused: CDC Foundation. The Center for Disease Control has tapped the CDC Foundation to: 
      • expand testing and data capabilities to better prevent, detect and respond to COVID-19
      • deploy emergency staffing with the skills required to meet the needs on the front lines at the state and local level
      • fund and deliver critical home essentials, such as food and medical needs to quarantined and isolated individuals
      • develop education and awareness campaigns to advance prevention and reduce stigma
      • build capacity and infrastructure for global response efforts and other immediate needs as they evolve
    • Global orgs:
  2. Support vulnerable communities
    • Community foundations
      • Since this is a crisis affecting every community around the world, the role of community foundations has never been critical. They are probably the best equipped to support a variety of regional needs. If you’d like your business to support COVID-19 relief efforts, supporting your local community foundations is a way to get involved hyper-locally.
    • Local nonprofits
      • Food banks, meals on wheels programs, senior assistance programs, and more. Mass closures of public schools means kids will lose their access to some of the only meals they receive every day.

Please share your ideas - the above list will be updated to serve as a comprehensive resource.

-----

You can support any of the above nonprofits (or all) through Pledgeling's Give & Grow app. Add a $1 donation for your customers to give at checkout, offer the ability to round-up total purchases to the nearest dollar, or dedicate % of sales of specific products and/or total orders to support these worthy environmental causes. Reach out to me if you have any questions.

Highlighted
3 0 0

We had put a lot of time & money to open our shopfy store we manufacture hand sanitizer in Canada. Only to have all of our products removed we were not charging too much our 4oz bottles are $5.50 ea. yet Walmart has a bottle 1/2 the size on their website for $19.97. You are not helping local companies we are trying to produce products here but this is killing us.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
52 3 53

Hi @Koa,

Can you share your website URL with me so I can look into this for you? 

Thanks!

Katie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
52 3 53

Good morning @Koa ,

I looked into this and it sounds like your inquiry is under review. Hope this helps!

Katie

0 Likes