Best approach to modify Shopify pages on frontend

EmirM
Visitor
3 0 1

Hi everyone, I am not sure if this is the right forum but hopefully I got it right. I have a questions on what the best approach would be when we want to do be able to highlight certain elements on Shopify pages and change those elements all on the front end (think A/B testing through a visual interface). The first thing that came to mind is to be able to open the pages through an iframe, add variations and serve them. I found out iframe is not an option though - https://community.shopify.com/c/API-Announcements/Loading-storefront-in-iFrame-X-Frame-Options/td-p/...

Now also in that thread an alternative approach was you could be making requests for the desired storefront from the server side, and then returning the response body to the client to be rendered by the browser.

We understand how we could to this but want to check with you all what you think of this approach and if you can think of any other alternative approaches?

Reply 1 (1)

EmirM
Visitor
3 0 1

Anyone? From what I'm able to gather not a lot of apps are doing this but there must be some. 

Thanks in advance.