Completing checkout with checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3 and Stripe

Highlighted
2 0 2

Hello,

I am developing a mobile application (which is registered as a private app for my client's store) that uses the Storefront API. I have implemented most of the features that the client needs, however, I have some issues while using the checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3 mutation with the client's Stripe account.

For the moment, I use the following queries/mutations to build my checkout and associate customer information:

1. Create checkout with products & quantities:
    # "..." Denotes the items & qty selected by the user
    mutation { checkoutCreate(input:{lineItems:[...]}) { checkout { id } } }
  2. Wait for response, get checkout ID & associate customer information:
    # Query
    mutation checkoutCustomerAssociateV2($checkoutId: ID!, $customerAccessToken: String!) {
    checkoutCustomerAssociateV2(checkoutId: $checkoutId, customerAccessToken: $customerAccessToken) {
    checkout {
    id
    }
    }
    }

# Variables JSON
    {
    "checkoutId": $ID,
    "customerAccessToken": $CustomerAccessToken
    }
  3. Wait for response, update checkout ID (if necessary) & update shipping address:
    # Query
    mutation checkoutShippingAddressUpdateV2($shippingAddress: MailingAddressInput!, $checkoutId: ID!) {
    checkoutShippingAddressUpdateV2(shippingAddress: $shippingAddress, checkoutId: $checkoutId) {
    checkout {
    id
    }
    }
    }

# Variables JSON
    {
    "checkoutId": $ID,
    "shippingAddress": {
    # Shipping address information from user
    }
    }
  4. Wait for response, update checkout ID (if necessary) and get available shipping rates from store:
    query { 
    node(id: $ID) {
    ... on Checkout {
    id
    availableShippingRates {
    ready
    shippingRates {
    handle
    priceV2 {
    amount
    }
    title
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }
  5. Select by default first option, and use checkoutShippingLineUpdate when user selects another option (shipping rates are displayed as a series of checkboxes in the UI). Get total order price, tax price, etc:
    mutation checkoutShippingLineUpdate($checkoutId: ID!, $shippingRateHandle: String!) { 
    checkoutShippingLineUpdate(checkoutId: $checkoutId, shippingRateHandle: $shippingRateHandle) {
    checkout {
    id
    totalTaxV2 {
    amount
    }
    subtotalPriceV2 {
    amount
    }
    totalPriceV2 {
    amount
    currencyCode
    }
    shippingLine {
    handle
    priceV2 {
    amount
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }
  6. User agrees with displayed prices and clicks on the next button. Client sends payment information to Stripe and obtains a valid token, then we use the following query:
    # Query
    mutation checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3($checkoutId: ID!, $payment: TokenizedPaymentInputV3!) {
    checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3(checkoutId: $checkoutId, payment: $payment) {
    checkout {
    id
    }
    payment {
    id
    errorMessage
    transaction {
    statusV2
    kind
    amountV2 {
    amount
    }
    }
    }
    checkoutUserErrors {
    }
    }
    }

# Variables
    {
    "checkoutId": $CheckoutID,
    "payment": {
    "billingAddress": {
    # Billing address information
    },
    "idempotencyKey":"123",
    "paymentAmount":{
    "amount": $TotalAmount,
    "currencyCode": $StoreCurrency
    },
    "paymentData": $StripeToken,
    "type":"SHOPIFY_PAY"
    }
    }

The problem is that after sending the last query, the order is not created and the checkout is listed as an "abandoned checkout" in the Shopify Admin Console, no warnings/errors are shown in the order details. The Storefront API responds with the following information:

{
   "checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3":{
      "checkout":{
       "id": $CheckoutID
      },
      "checkoutUserErrors":[

],
      "payment":{
         "errorMessage":null,
         "id": $PaymentID,
         "transaction":null
      }
   }
}

Unfortunately, this was the last step I needed in order to finish the project. But I cannot find enough information in the documentation to find a way to fix this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings!

PS: I'm sorry if I am using the wrong terminology and/or do not follow "standard" Shopify developer practices. I am an embedded developer and work mostly with C/C++, I've just started developing with Shopify because of a project that I needed to accept (thanks to COVID-19 and its economical repercussions).

Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 0

@alex-spataru did you find the answer to this?

I have this exact same problem. What are we doing wrong?

Is it possible to create an order through the Storefront API or not?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Same issue...

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I am too sailing in the same boat.

We have requested for a Shopify Sandbox access though.

Does anyone here knows if the said access will help resolve this issue?

Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Cheers!

Deep

0 Likes