Create a custom checkout

Ohr_T
Shopify Partner
5 0 2

I know there have many posts about this subject and I am confused on what I have to do. I'm trying to create a React Native mobile app and I'm having trouble implementing a custom checkout. It seems like the only way to create a custom checkout is to be a Sales Channel via the Checkout API.

I have seen people on forums somehow getting access with just a private app on their store without being a Sales Channel. Is there anyway to somehow convert my private app into a Sales Channel? 

I'll take any feedback on the subject. 

Replies 2 (2)

sd_
Shopify Staff (Retired)
51 10 7

Hi there,

In general it is only possible to implement a custom checkout through the creation of a Sales Channel. Information regarding the creations of a sales channel is available here https://help.shopify.com/en/api/guides/sales-channel-sdk which specifies that you are able to apply to have your app turned into a sales channel via the Partner Dashboard.

At the time being there is no other procedure for being granted access to the Checkout API or to have a private application converted to a Sales Channel.

Cheers

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

sujundy001
Shopify Partner
14 0 5

Hi, 
I'm not a developer. But I saw a company named vajro. We used their service before. They are not a sale channel and they create mobile app via private app.