Documentation on `checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3:paymentData`

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 11

Hi,

I am trying to implement a custom checkout page relying on Storefront APIs. I am able to use related mutations like`shopifyCheckoutCreate` `checkoutLineItemsReplace`, `checkoutShippingLineUpdate`, `checkoutShippingAddressUpdateV2` without problems. Right now I am struggling with what data to send to `checkoutCompleteWithTokenizedPaymentV3` after I process the payment on my custom payment processor. 

Specifically what `type` needs to be used for `payment` for custom payment processing? (I am assuming `VAULT`) Plus, what should the JSON data look like at `paymentData`? The documentation simply states "A simple string or JSON containing the required payment data for the tokenized payment." which is not helpful.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
66 5 27

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Cansin

These are the variables I use:

{
  "checkoutId": "Z2lkOi8vU2hvcGlmeS9FeGFtcGxlLzE=",
  "payment": {
    "paymentAmount": {
      "amount": "24.99",
      "currencyCode": "EUR"
    },
    "idempotencyKey": "myrandomclientidempotencykey",
    "billingAddress": {...},
    "paymentData": "tok_1EuJbkJAXUm7Q2VgiG2dt0yN",
    "type": "SHOPIFY_PAY"
  }
}

The paymentData token is created using Stripe Token API: https://stripe.com/docs/api/tokens/create_card

Obviously if you want to Vault the creditcard, you will have to create a Vault Session first, and use that token in paymentData and the type should be "VAULT"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 11

@tolgapaksoy thanks for the reply! I am guessing in order to create `tok_1EuJbkJAXUm7Q2VgiG2dt0yN` token you were relying on `shopify_payments_account_id` returned by Shopify. So, your app is probably a sales channel app? (i.e. I am not able to find an API where I can fetch `shopify_payments_account_id` except for the Checkout Admin API, which requires read_checkout, which is apparently only enabled for sales channel apps) Or were you able to just feed in any token created by any Stripe instance?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 11

Ah, I am stupid there is a query for that at Storefront API that I did not realize before. Cheers!

Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 11

For people that might land here through a search, the query in question is at https://shopify.dev/docs/storefront-api/reference/object/shop/paymentsettings?api[version]=2020-04

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 11

Huh, though I am not able to see a way to fetch the Stripe secret key attached to that id. So, I would not be able to create the token through Stripe :confused: 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
66 5 27

A secret key will never be exposed to a client application.

You should create the token on your server, a.k.a. the sales channel app. Your server should have access to Stripe.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 11

Yeah right that makes sense. My question was more around how could I even get access to the secret key so that I can start using it on my backend. As I won't have the login credentials for the given Stripe payment id, is there a way to acquire the secret key somehow?

Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 11

I guess this question is quite specific to North American market, where Stripe integration is disable in favor of Shopify as a payment provider.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
27 0 11

Well, the returned value for `"shopifyPaymentsAccountId"` is `null`, so I guess there is absolutely no possible way to create a custom checkout page for Shopify... Quite a weird limitation, given they claim Shopify payment provider uses Stripe as the engine. I wish they provided a way for us to access the underlying Stripe account's details so that we could use it to implement our own checkout pages using Stripe's JS-kit.

0 Likes