How to get the available payment gateways of a specific shop

AndreBastos
Excursionist
15 0 23

Hello,

Is there any way to check what payment gateways are available for a specific shop?

Related to this, i asked access for custom payment processing for a App we're integrating with our shopify shop. It got approved. How can i check if i have the correct permissions to generate payments for a specific checkout?

Replies 4 (4)

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

Hello, @AndreBastos!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! Payment gateways are specific to which ever country you're selling from. You can check out our payment gateway list, here, to see what payment gateways would be available to use from the country you're currently residing in/selling from. 

You had mentioned that you had asked for access to use a custom gateway, can you tell me more about this process? Did you ask for access from Shopify or from the payment gateway?

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AndreBastos
Excursionist
15 0 23

Hey @Karlie ,

I need to know what specific payment gateways are available by code. For example, i'm developing a native mobile application, and i would like to know what payment gateways my specific shop has available, like the checkout page does. This is for the cases where i deactivate a payment gateway temporarily, and our mobile application stops users from paying using that gateway.

Related to the custom gateway, that's my mistake.

I asked Shopify for access to handle payments using the checkout API (https://shopify.dev/tutorials/complete-a-sales-channel-payment-with-checkout-api check the note). How can i know if i can pay handle payments using the checkout api?

Kind regards,

André Bastos

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

Hello again, @AndreBastos!

Karlie here again! I'm afraid that I wouldn't be able to assist you with any coding questions here. However, there are developers, experts, and merchants-alike that should be able to reply back to you regarding your payment gateway question. 

When it comes to gaining access for the checkout API, our partner team would have gotten back to you via email once you've been approved. You should see an email in your inbox from our partner team and you can always reply back to them from there. If access was granted, then you should have permissions. If you're not seeing an email in your inbox from our partner team, then be sure to check your spam/junk inboxes. 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SagarVirani
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hello André Bastos,

I trust this message finds you well.

I'm currently in the process of developing the index page for the store, and a pertinent aspect involves displaying the logos of all available payment gateways. Your recent inquiry on a similar topic caught my attention, and I was wondering if you have made any progress in resolving this matter.

If you have discovered a solution or gained insights into retrieving payment gateway details programmatically, I would greatly appreciate your sharing of knowledge. Your experience could prove invaluable as I work towards implementing this feature in our application.

Looking forward to hearing from you and exchanging insights.

Best regards,

[Sagar Virani]