Internal Server Error on create checkout

sdmayes
Tourist
5 0 2

Just started getting this error today on client.checkout.create with the JS Buy SDK.

Error: [{"message":"Internal error. Looks like something went wrong on our end.\nRequest ID: 6de928d0-0302-4dd8-805d-6c4bdee2ee26 (include this in support requests).","extensions":{"code":"INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR","requestId":"6de928d0-0302-4dd8-805d-6c4bdee2ee26"}}]

Our cart logic hasn't changed in months and this is the first time ever seeing this error. 

Replies 4 (4)

petertait
Tourist
7 0 1

Having the same issue, did you ever solve this? If so any insight into what caused it?

Thanks

sdmayes
Tourist
5 0 2

Yes, I was able to fix it. In my case, I had put my store on pause because of the pandemic. That plan had allowed the creation of a cart but when you would click the actual check out button and visit the checkout URL, it would display a page indicating that the store was paused and that checkout was unavailable. This was fine as I was still able to test my site and did not need to be able to actually go through the checkout process. All I needed to be able to do was add and remove items from the cart. I had used this for several months until I ran into this issue.

It seems something had changed and Shopify no longer wanted to allow the creation of checkouts at all with that specific plan. I upgraded plans and instantly was able to create a checkout. What plan are you currently using?

petertait
Tourist
7 0 1

Ahh, our store is currently paused for development.

I had a feeling being paused may have been the cause. It's strange because the creation of a checkout was working for a couple of weeks whilst still paused which made me think creating checkouts was still possible. Creating a new Shopify account does fix my issue (which now makes sense as they start off with a 14 day trial).

Thanks for getting back to me! Here's hoping upgrading solves my error.

sdmayes
Tourist
5 0 2

Yea, I really wish that error message had been more descriptive so we would not have to waste so much time debugging or that the change was communicated.

Hopefully this works for you!