Solved

Reading customer order history with a public App via the storefront API

trip41
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm trying to determine if it's possible to create a Public App in the Shopify app store (available for other shops to install) that would allow me to build a completely independent application (not within Shopify) that uses the Storefront API to display a customer's order history. I've been reading through the docs and I've determined this generally possible with the Storefront API by obtaining a customer access token and requesting orders ... but what I can't tell is if this capability is reserved for the use case of building a custom shop frontend for one store, rather than via a public app that arbitrary stores can install.

If this is not possible, I'd be open to building a Public App in the Shopify app store such that when a shop installs it, it creates a way for customers to 'export' their own order history (i.e. a button that when clicked, posts the customer's past orders to our servers) or something like that. Is this possible?

Accepted Solution (1)

vix
Shopify Staff
540 103 121

This is an accepted solution.

The functionality stays the same with Public or Private apps. For public apps, you would be looking at building a Sales Channel. Keep in mind this customer access token is the customer of the merchant and their orders vs. all of the orders for that store (that would be information from the admin api)

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

vix
Shopify Staff
540 103 121

This is an accepted solution.

The functionality stays the same with Public or Private apps. For public apps, you would be looking at building a Sales Channel. Keep in mind this customer access token is the customer of the merchant and their orders vs. all of the orders for that store (that would be information from the admin api)

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.