Availabilty of subscription API to alternate payment

Hancil
6 0 0

Hi,

I am building an app that supports subscriptions using the payment gateway's subscription API, I heard that Shopify has released subscription API which has the same functionality that is provided by the payment gateways. I like to know when will Shopify release the subscriptions API for alternate payment gateways by which I can handle the subscriptions from Shopify side only and not from the payment gateway.

Thanks

Replies 3 (3)

JasonYang
Shopify Staff (Retired)
12 1 4

Hello,

when will Shopify release the subscriptions API for alternate payment gateways.

Which payment gateway would you be referring to? There are different gateways that we are planning to support / release in the future. You can reference our Subscriptions API FAQ to see which payment gateways we are planning to support / release: https://shopify.dev/concepts/apps/subscriptions-faq#which-subscription-features-are-in-development-a...

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Hancil
6 0 0

Hi Jason,

The payment gateway which I am referring to is the "Razorpay" payment gateway which is available in "Alternative payments". As of now, I see you only support only Shopify payments and I like to know when will Shopify supports subscriptions for alternate payments

ewalker
Shopify Staff
30 4 7

Hi Hancil, we appreciate your interest in a specific gateway, however we will not be providing that level of roadmap insight in this forum. We will keep that FAQ document updated as time goes on.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.