Subscription billing doesn't use the shipping rates from shopify shipping profiles?

eat_to_evolve
Excursionist
18 0 4

Hello, we have a shipping profile setup to offer free shipping if the order is 100$ or over. I have noticed that when we have subscriptions over 100$ and create a billing attempt for them, they are charging our normal rate of 19.95 for shipping and not applying the free shipping profile? Is it expected that it should?

0 Likes
ThomazReis
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
10 4 5

Hi,

It should apply the free shipping profile. Could you give a bit more details on your problem:

1. Was the free shipping rate added after or before the creation of the contract?

2. There is any specific pricing policy in this subscription?

3. Do you have any logs on this, or testing store that we could look at?

Thanks.

0 Likes
eat_to_evolve
Excursionist
18 0 4

Hey there, I took a second look into it and it appears that it is indeed applying it. There were cases were it was charging for shipping if the customer had used a coupon which made the total under 100$. 

Apparently our actual checkout uses the 'script editor' add on to apply free shipping if the subtotal is >= 100, instead of using the shipping profile. So I wasn't aware that it did that. This makes sense, and I assume the subscription isn't going to use the script editor, which is fine because I can workaround that.

Thanks again.

0 Likes