Solved

301 redirect of a collection page to a product page

rose4mvp
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to do a 301 redirect from one of my collection page to a product page? We are changing the structure of our website by "removing" the collection page from our flow. As the collection page has received many backlinks, we would like to do a 301 redirect to our product page. 

Accepted Solution (1)

drakedev
Shopify Partner
685 148 229

This is an accepted solution.

Hello,

yes it is possible. You need first to delete your collection and then you can setup a redirect by following this Shopify guide: URL Redirects

Shopify will then create a 301 redirect to your destination.

But please also consider the SEO implication of doing this. If the page content is totally different you'll risk to lose Page Rank as Google will treat that as a soft 404 and that could hurt the Page Ranking on Google.

If my answer was helpful click Like to say thanks
If the problem is solved remember to click Accept Solution
Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development: You can hire me for simple and/or complex tasks.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

drakedev
Shopify Partner
685 148 229

This is an accepted solution.

Hello,

yes it is possible. You need first to delete your collection and then you can setup a redirect by following this Shopify guide: URL Redirects

Shopify will then create a 301 redirect to your destination.

But please also consider the SEO implication of doing this. If the page content is totally different you'll risk to lose Page Rank as Google will treat that as a soft 404 and that could hurt the Page Ranking on Google.

If my answer was helpful click Like to say thanks
If the problem is solved remember to click Accept Solution
Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development: You can hire me for simple and/or complex tasks.