404 error on the page for the product im running FB ads on :(

fmgmarket
Tourist
22 0 3

hey guys so i have my store up and running and i have done everything to the best of my ability so far everything has been running smoothly, until i realized when i click the shop now link on my ad it gives me a 404 error notice!!! for now i have the ad linked to my home page that features the product but still i want to do everything i can to increase conversions. can anyone help? im a beginner so im not too savy with html coding and stuff like that but i really want to do anything to get the product page to load correctly and not give me the 404 error!!

the website url is www.fmgmarket.com

and the product page with the error is https://fmgmarket.com/products/%E2%9C%A8galaxy-led-projection-lamp

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
808 41 129

Hey, @fmgmarket!

I noticed when I clicked on the link that there is an emoji in the URL, most likely added when the emoji was added to the product title:

06-46-5qmtr-22lqd

Could you try removing the emoji and see if you are still getting a 404 error? You can do this in the admin! If you go to the product section and select this product, you can scroll to the bottom of the page to the 'Search engine listing preview' settings. Here, you can click 'edit website SEO' and remove the emoji:

06-53-hf28h-4ct81

This way, you can keep the emoji in the product title on the product page, but it will be removed from the URL! Could you give that a go and let me know how you get on?

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com 

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
fmgmarket
Tourist
22 0 3

awesome! i removed the emoji like you instructed and it works now! you can see here

https://fmgmarket.com/products/galaxy-led-projection-lamp

Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
808 41 129

Oh, amazing! So glad that worked for you. The product page looks great.

For social media campaigns, I would recommend taking a look at our Social Media marketing app called Kit. It runs Facebook/Twitter/Instagram ads for you, so you can really bring in a large audience and establish your brand! It works by placing ads into the timeline of a section of your selected demographic of ages. So Kit creates the ads for you, all you have to do is approve them. There is a video tutorial on how to use Kit here.

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help! 

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes