A/B test menu/navigation bar in debut theme

Lukraak
1 0 0

Hi all,

We want to A/B test the effect of different menu bars via Google Analytics. We use Pagefly to build the pages but the menu is still created in the 'navigation' part of Shopify. I was wondering how I can build an A/B test for this. I have looked for a function in the code that pulls the 'main-menu'. My guessing is that I could create another liquid file with the same code, only this one pulls the other menu 'main-menu-optionA'. And then in GA I can redirect 80% to the view of page with 'main-menu' and 20% to the view of page with 'main-menu-optionA'. However I have 2 questions:

• I can not find the code where the 'main-menu' in Shopify is pulled from. Do anyone know which part of the code I have to change in order to get the other menu structure?
  • Is this a logical way to set-up this A/B test?

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
RobertBotto
Shopify Partner
43 0 4

Hey there,

Would recommend using a tool like ours at Neat A/B Testing to achieve this.

You will not only be able to test your menu, but, can run a variety of different tests, easily, too. You'll get the reporting and data you need and the ability to scale more tests too.

We would be happy to set up a call to ensure you successfully setup your test up and show you what else is possible.

Hopefully helpful!

CMO @ Neat A/B Testing - Price Testing, URL Split Testing, Theme Testing, and More
Founder of Shopify App Active Cart
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
0 Likes