Why isn't the "Add to Cart" button functioning on my Shopify site?

Emsy
Excursionist
24 0 3

Hello,

Nothing happens when I click on ''add to cart''. It's been working fine until now.

https://galleryellaya.com/collections/pencil-drawings/products/himalayan-java

Please help me! Thank you

Replies 18 (18)

Developer-G
Shopify Partner
3033 593 846

Hello 

There is a JS error when 'add to cart' clicked.
Please check browser console for more details, and to fix this you have to manually check your code.

thanks

- If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to modify or custom changes or bug fix on store Hire me.
- Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com - Skype: navrocks1 ,
- Try GEMPAGES a great page builder
-Advance Search Filter
Zoe14
6 0 0

Hi - Suddenly, clicking the "add to cart" button does nothing on the mobile device. There is no pop-up telling me that a product has been added nor is there an indication that anything has been added (which it hasn't) If I refresh the page the items appear in my cart Please help! 

Visely-Team
Shopify Partner
1843 210 488

You have a jQuery version collision and hence an error is thrown when trying to add to cart. The code assumes jQuery of at least 1.12.* (where jQuery.post( [settings ] ) has been introduced), but the code is being executed against jQuery 1.11.1 where this method doesn't exist.

Looks like you've recently installed an app that added jQuery version 1.11.1 as dependency and broke your store's functionality. Had a quick look and it seems like the app is SCM Product Label.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
Emsy
Excursionist
24 0 3

Thank you for your explanation.

I deleted this app (SCM Product Label) a few days ago. Is there any simple way of removing jQuery version 1.11.1 as dependency ?

Thanks again

Visely-Team
Shopify Partner
1843 210 488

In your Theme Code editor, layout/theme.liquid, try finding the lines that have either scm-product-label.js or scm-product-label.css and comment/remove them.

- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
DEDE_32
Visitor
1 0 0

HELP! MY ADD TO CART BUTTON IS MISSING ON SOME OF MY PRODUCT PAGES. NOT SURE WHY 😞

STORE:  WWW.SOLELAVISH.COM

Visely-Team
Shopify Partner
1843 210 488

@DEDE_32 can you share an URL to a

product page that has no Add To Cart button?

oohsosisterly
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello I need an expert coder to fix the Java Script issue on my shopify page. The add to cart button is no longer working. I uninstalled recent apps and it still doesnt work.

marcusnewtothis
6 0 0

Hi I have the exact same problem where my add to cart button used to work fine but not it just wont work at all

this is my store: https://odins-son.myshopify.com/

Visely-Team
Shopify Partner
1843 210 488

@marcusnewtothis add to cart works for me on Chrome, I see no issue. Is this happening on a specific page? On what OS/Browser you see this happening?

marcusnewtothis
6 0 0
Hi i managed to fix it already so thats why 🙂
WG_2020
5 0 0

ACK I am having the same issues.

Not sure why? The Add to Cart button was working fine until today.

I removed most of my apps and still no luck. Can someone please help - The Art of: Karate (Unisex organic cotton t-shirt) | Warriorgenics

https://warriorgenics.com/products/the-art-of-karate-unisex-organic-cotton-t-shirt

Such a shame to be down so close to Black Friday!

Developer-G
Shopify Partner
3033 593 846

Hello @WG_2020 ,

Try to fix first 2 errors which appears in the console 

addd-to-car-js-issue.PNG

Note: These errors doesn't appears automatically, these errors appears when you break something in code. 

-Advance Search Filter
WG_2020
5 0 0

Thank you! I am not sure how the code got broken - perhaps when I updated the theme. How can I fix it? Where do I go and what do I delete/add?

Mxlacc
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello I have the same problem add to cart and shopping cart doesnt function 

www.accesoriosmexicali.com 

Developer-G
Shopify Partner
3033 593 846

Hello @Mxlacc ,

On click of 'atc' you have this error in console  ( updateCartDesc is not defined )

If know JS then try to check why this function is missing. If you are not sure call your developer or theme author.

Thanks

-Advance Search Filter
fairies
Visitor
1 0 0

This was spot on for me as well. I recently connected to this app and although I didn't end up using it and I deleted it, the code in the head of the document remained causing this issue. I commented out that problematic line and immediately I was able to add items to cart again. Thank you!

ABSHTUFF
Visitor
3 0 1

I'm having the same problem on my site. I went and deleted all the apps I added today. I don't know what I should do next.

https://abshtuff.com/products/copy-of-gamer