Abandoned Checkout emails not sending

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

Hello,

We're using "buy button" embeds on an external site, and the abandoned checkout emails have stopped sending most of the time.

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 6.20.55 PM.png

Shopify is reporting the error "This checkout was not created by the Online Store or Buy Button sales channel." However, the checkout was surely created through the buy button sales channel.

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 6.16.27 PM.png

This is an email that was sent on the same day.

Screen Shot 2019-12-30 at 6.16.52 PM.png

What could be causing this is happen?

Many thanks!

Andrew

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
436 31 61

Hi, @andwhyds!

Sophia here from Shopify.

There are a number of potential reasons why abandoned checkout recovery emails are not sent, though it does seem strange that the "This checkout was not created by the Online Store or Buy Button sales channel." message would appear if your store only has the Buy Button sales channel enabled. Are you positive that there are no other sales channels enabled on the store (like Facebook or Instagram, for example)?

I'm happy to see that some recovery emails are going through. If there are definitely no other sales channels enabled on the store and the other potential reasons don't match these abandoned checkouts, I can absolutely take a closer look at the ones whose recovery emails didn't send. Let me know what you find!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We are seeing the same problem here. I have two abandoned carts that clearly show "From Buy Button" but abandoned cart system says, "This checkout was not created by the Online Store or Buy Button sales channel."

Help would be appreciated.

shp1.PNGshp2.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for your response and apologizes for the late reply! Some of the other sales channels are open. However, our analytics are showing us that most of the sales are going through the Buy Button sales channel. Would you mind taking a closer look please?

All the best,

Andrew

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
436 31 61

Hi, @andwhyds!

I can absolutely take a closer look. I've sent you an email in order to investigate. Please send a quick reply to that email whenever you're able to, including your .myshopify.com URL and any specific order numbers or links you're concerned about. If there are quite a few orders in question, just 2-3 examples is a great start. Thank you so much.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

@Gemini_Marine We found a solution that seems to be working.

The culprit was using a custom storefrontAccessToken in

ShopifyBuy.buildClient

(we were using one generated in the custom app section).

You can find the default access token by generating a Buy Button in Sales Channels → Buy Button, and searching for the line of code above:
Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 3.22.29 PM.png

Hope this helps!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
436 31 61

Thank you so much for sharing your solution here, @andwhyds

@Gemini_Marine, please let me know if you still need help and I'd be happy to take a closer look into the account.

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi @Sophia and @andwhyds

I have the same problem since a few weeks and not sure how to look into this. 

Could you please explain the solution in more detail?

What is the reason of this happening? Could it be an installed app?

Thanks, 

Sebastian M

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

Hi @Sipwines,

In this case it was not an installed app. If you're using buy button embeds, you'll need to check that the embeds are using your store's default access token.

It's found after:

ShopifyBuy.buildClient

in the embed code.

You can find the default access token by generating a Buy Button in Sales Channels → Buy Button, and searching for the line of code above.

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi @andwhyds,

Thanks for you quick reply.

I'm not using buy now button on my site and I couldn't find your mention anywhere in the code. 

I haven't changed anything to the theme in the last 6 weeks and the issue with abandoned carts not sending email started a few weeks ago.

Could it be a different issue?

Thanks,

Sebastian 

Sipwines.shop

0 Likes