Abandoned cart emails for Storefront API checkouts

Josh68
Excursionist
21 2 7

Hello. We've been using the Storefront API to create checkouts for a couple of reasons, but have just realized that the online store cannot automate the sending of abandoned cart emails for these checkouts. Is there a way to automate this, or to give the store permission to handle them (given that a private app has created them)? Thanks.

Josh68
Excursionist
21 2 7

This topic should have been titled "Abandoned checkout emails for Storefront API checkouts." Checkouts are abandoned, not carts.

Still looking for an answer. TIA.

timciep1
1 0 0

It's a shame that this has gone 1 year, with no response.

I am having this same issue.

I use the Shopify Storefront API to create checkouts, but am not able to automatically send Abandoned Checkout emails for them.

What possible justification could there be for this?

Shopify, please at least update the documentation of this feature to make this more clear:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Technical-Q-A/Abandoned-cart-emails-for-Storefront-API-checkouts/td-...

0 Likes
fff_www
Shopify Partner
16 0 6

Anything new on this?
This also popped up as a question in one of my stores.

Best,
F

fff_www
Shopify Partner
16 0 6

Here is an official statement from an Shopify Support Advisor from 10. Nov 2020,

So if you also struggle with it, just spam them mails, so they prioritize it.
I really hate that the documentation does not state this fact...

» I do understand that you're having issues with your abandoned checkout emails not sending and I know the importance of this getting addressed since this truly affects your business operations and sales conversion. Rest assured that I'll do my best to help.

Upon thoroughly checking my resources in regards to abandoned checkout's email recovery from Shopify Storefront API, I found out that presently, it's limited to scheduled or send email recovery from abandoned checkouts unless they come through the online store checkout or but button sales channel.

As a workaround, I found these third party apps from our app store that uses the API to send out abandoned emails depending on your needs.

We have a variety of apps with differing feature sets and prices - so I'd recommend taking a look there to see if anything fits your needs. If you choose to go the app route, I'd recommend testing it out to ensure that the app suitably fits your usage of the Storefront API.

In terms of this current limitation with abandoned checkouts, our developers are aware of requests to automatically send recovery emails when the checkout session is initiated via the Storefront API. Although it restricts me to offer any sort of roadmap or timeframe for when this will be expanded beyond the Online Store Sales Channel, trust that your voice has been heard and I've made sure to notify the right team about this.

That's why your feedback is noted and highly appreciated on this. I know that this feature would benefit not only you but the rest of our high valued users too. Rest assured that Shopify, keeps on updating our system and requirements to better fit our merchant's and partner's needs worldwide.

You can keep an eye on our Shopify News page and Shopify Changelog for any new updates inside Shopify.«

0 Likes