Why isn't my custom checkout email offering discounts working?

Ahmed96
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi can anyone help me why won’t my customised checkout email will not work I’m trying to offer a discount but it seem not to work. 
I did test mode still not good.  Also why does the item come up twice on the email? 

2F8431EF-AFFD-4209-A25B-DE528A045AB4.png

C30716E6-9653-42A7-8DCA-382F4A725C25.png

Replies 3 (3)

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1135

Hi @Ahmed96

You can try to check your email has set in Settings > Notifications > Staff order notifications. Or you access this link: url_your_site/admin/settings/notifications

You need sure your email does not include here. Screenshot to refer: https://prnt.sc/12omcg7

Hope this helps.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify

sgjess
6 0 0

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?  We are having the same issue!  We've followed the instructions adding the discount code, and cutting and pasting the appended code but it won't work!

Shay
Shopify Staff
2828 442 576

Hi @sgjess 

Thank you for reaching out to the Shopify Community Forums with your question. I understand you are having issues adding a discount code to your abandoned cart emails. I'm happy to help troubleshoot that with you if you would like. 

First thing, did you follow the instructions from our Help Center doc (Automatically apply discount to notification emails)? If yes, I would recommend reverting back to the original notification template and attempting it once more just to make sure nothing was missed. If you are able to compare your notification template to the version in our help doc linked above and it looks like it is the same, please copy and paste your notification template into a reply here for me to review. You can use the HTML button to add it to a message here as code for easier viewing. I'll take a look and see if I can find the issue for you.

Thank you!

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog