Solved

Ability to show currency code after price

HerokuLiee
Excursionist
17 1 4

I'm losing my mind.

I have a store that has a default currency of AUD with the ability to switch using Shopify Multi Currency that is built into the Streamline theme and select USD and CAD. Expected behavior of the Shopify Multi Currency I would assume would be to have AUD, USD or CAD displayed after the price once the option to display currency with codes was enabled.

I spoke to Shopify support and they told me that this isn't possible and I would need a custom developer to add this feature in to display the currency code after the prices.

Is there anyway to get currency codes to show up after the prices using the inbuild Shopify Multi currency? Cheers

Accepted Solutions (2)
HerokuLiee
Excursionist
17 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

Hey Mate.

@ThomasF In your product-template change {{ current_variant.price | money }} to {{ current_variant.price | money_with_currency }}

Likewise for your collection as well. Depending on your theme the liquid file will be different.

If you need a hand send me through a DM and I can help you out.

View solution in original post

NikkaReyes07
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1 1 5

Hi Everyone! I just thought this could help merchants who are using the Debut theme. 

Just click online store > themes > actions > edit code and instead of product-template.liquid, look for product-price.liquid. In there, you will see a code that says :

{%- assign money_price = price | money -%}

It was around line 12 in my case. All you have to do is to change it to this:

{%- assign money_price = price | money_with_currency -%}

For Brooklyn theme users, the code would be in the product-template.liquid file. It's around line 244 in my case.

currency ss.png

Just change it from 

| money

To 

| money_with_currency

I hope that helps!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 28 (28)

Scott-Marshall
Excursionist
36 3 4

Hi HerokuLiee,

It's nice to meet you!

I'd be more than happy to assist you with implementing this feature.

I've sent you a DM to discuss the task at hand and your requirements.

Cheers,

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi, there!

My name is Ren from the Shopify support team, here to lend a hand. 

There should be a section in your theme editor that allows you to designate a currency format. Try going to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Theme Settings: 

Then scroll down to Cart/Currency and change the format here to reflect currency after the price. 

Let me know if that does the trick! 

HerokuLiee
Excursionist
17 1 4

Hey Ren,

Thanks for your reply! 

That option is already selected and the ISO codes have been added to the fields below that as well 😞

My suspicions is that Bold multi currency has left residual code or removed code after trying out the app.

Ren
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1032 66 153

Hi, @HerokuLiee 

That's quite possible! Here's what you can try:

1. Duplicate your theme. Using the original copy, try returning to a previously saved version of your theme prior to the installation of the app. If it resolves the issue, reach out to BOLD customer service (they're really great) and explain the issue.

2. Add a BOLD rep as as collaborator and request help with removing the leftover code. 

Hopefully it's a quick fix! Let me know how it goes. 

ThomasF
Excursionist
15 0 5

I don't have that option even tho I am using Brooklyn theme.

Can you help me please?

SiamBlades
Tourist
8 0 1

@Ren  That doesn't help me when I try clicking it on and off.   At some point, it showed up originally and now it doesn't.  When you switch to USD for example from natural CAD currency, it does in fact show $ sign and USD sign, so it exists within Shopify itself.

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 12.33.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-11 at 5.21.48 PM.png

lzo
Visitor
1 0 0

which theme you talked about and showed here @Ren

ThomasF
Excursionist
15 0 5

I have contacted them too and they told me the same thing... Pretty lame.

Did you find any solution since?

HerokuLiee
Excursionist
17 1 4

Nope and Shopify support is the most useless people I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with

ThomasF
Excursionist
15 0 5

Same lol, pretty disappointed with their support honestly.

zim
Tourist
3 0 10

My shop is in Canadian Dollars and wanted CAD to be displayed next to my prices:

SOLUTION:

I went to SETTINGS>GENERAL>
Scroll down to the bottom to STORE CURRENCY section and click on CHANGE FORMATTING

You will see four fields with ${{amount}} 

I changed them all to ${{amount}} CAD

When I view my shop now, I see CAD next to my prices.

ThomasF
Excursionist
15 0 5

I am selling for more than just Canada so it doesn't really help...

HerokuLiee
Excursionist
17 1 4

Hey Mate.

@ThomasF In your product-template change {{ current_variant.price | money }} to {{ current_variant.price | money_with_currency }}

Likewise for your collection as well. Depending on your theme the liquid file will be different.

If you need a hand send me through a DM and I can help you out.

ThomasF
Excursionist
15 0 5

I don't have the line "{{ current_variant.price | money }}" in my product-template.

NikkaReyes07
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1 1 5

Hi Everyone! I just thought this could help merchants who are using the Debut theme. 

Just click online store > themes > actions > edit code and instead of product-template.liquid, look for product-price.liquid. In there, you will see a code that says :

{%- assign money_price = price | money -%}

It was around line 12 in my case. All you have to do is to change it to this:

{%- assign money_price = price | money_with_currency -%}

For Brooklyn theme users, the code would be in the product-template.liquid file. It's around line 244 in my case.

currency ss.png

Just change it from 

| money

To 

| money_with_currency

I hope that helps!

ThomasF
Excursionist
15 0 5

So we won't have a solution if we don't use Debut theme I guess... Cringe

HerokuLiee
Excursionist
17 1 4
Yes the solution is to change money to money_with_currency. You just have to find where it’s located in your theme
ThomasF
Excursionist
15 0 5
I found it but look what I wrote above
EmmaReid
Excursionist
14 0 3

This works @NikkaReyes07 , but if you have multiple variants, and they are set at a different price to the one that's already selected on page load, then it will remove the currency ISO from the end once you select a different variant.

For example, lets say your product has 2 variants, blue and red. When the page loads, your product defaults to the first selection (blue) which is priced at $10 AUD. The AUD shows at the end. But now yous elect the second variant (red) that's priced at $15 AUD. The AUD no longer shows up at the end of the price. And if you select blue again after this, the AUD is still gone. And won't come back until the page reloads.

Any idea how to fix this, so that the currency ISO always shows up, even if the other variants are priced differently? Thanks!

nouvolo
Tourist
5 0 1

I am using Debut theme.

Open Assets/theme.js, find the following code:

var formatRegularPrice = function(regularPriceElement, price) {
        regularPriceElement.innerHTML = theme.Currency.formatMoney(
          price,
          theme.moneyFormat
        );
      };

and edit it by changing: theme.moneyFormat to theme.moneyformatWithCurrency

price,
          theme.moneyFormatWithCurrency
        );
      };

lanterncozies
Tourist
6 0 5

Thank you, thank you!

this looks life the solution for the debut theme

In product-price.liquid    assign money_price = price | money_with_currency  - 

Above  shows the currency beside the price and below fixes the currency not being displayed with the variant change.

in theme.js

price,
theme.moneyFormatWithCurrency
);
};

KodiR
Tourist
7 0 1

Hey do you know how i'd so this using the steamline theme?
what code would i change in Assets/theme.js

i've asked the question here..
https://community.shopify.com/c/technical-q-a/show-currency-code-after-price-streamline-theme/m-p/22...

but no one has been able to help.

ThomasF
Excursionist
15 0 5

It doesn’t really work because it only applies to the first variant. When you change the color of the item for example, it disappears...

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/AMOj8pc2.png1.png

DavidKing
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey @ThomasF,
Did you end up working this out? I've changed the 'money' to 'money_with_currency' just about everywhere I can find it, but it disappears when a product option is selected.

Thanks!

Gabriela_
Visitor
1 0 0

Thanks! It was helpful.

SiamBlades
Tourist
8 0 1

I finally got the $ sign added, by including it in the General>Currency>Change Formatting section.  I noticed the old code for a previous app was still in there. Still working on getting CAD displayed, native currency to my store.

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 3.30.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-11 at 5.21.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-11 at 6.00.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-11 at 6.00.44 PM.png

SiamBlades
Tourist
8 0 1

FINALLY!  Took the advice to change all 4 sections in "Change Formatting" to ${{amount}} CAD

It finally worked!

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 6.06.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-11 at 6.07.10 PM.png

Whywhy
4 0 0

My CAD now shows on my amounts as my default is CAD but how do I also make the second currency show the currency code. I have CAD and US. The US still shows the amount but doesn’t show the code US after amount.