About us template

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi, is there a way to create a template of the "About Us" page as a "Home page", so with the possibility of adding sections or adding sections it is not possible to add blocks?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
184 22 40

Hi @Dadde21,

Thank you for getting in touch with your question! This is no "About Us" template you can add to the homepage, per se, but you can use the different sections available in Shopify themes to add text, videos, and anything else you feel would be appropriate.

As an example, I've added some sections to a blank version of the Supply theme that I think would be appropriate for an "About Us"-themed homepage:

19-10-qjeu9-v60ur

As you can see here, I've added a couple of text boxes that would allow me to enter in written details about the store and include relevant information regarding what the business is all about. There is also a slideshow present along with an image with text section, which would ensure the page is more attractive to look at with some nice imagery complimenting the written information. The video section is another consideration, if indeed you feel you like adding a video showcasing the products and/ or your store would be appropriate. The same logic applies to the map section.

Whatever you decide to do, the ability to add sections allows you to customize the homepage as you see fit and have complete control over how it looks. If you'd be interested in pointers on how to fully utilize your About Us page, we have a superb blog post that covers this subject: The Untapped Potential of About Us Pages (And How to Write Your Own).

However, if what you're instead looking for is to use sections on an actual About Us page rather than on the homepage, that is not currently possible - although we will be introducing sections to all pages in the near future. You can still add text, images and videos to pages, but it must be done within the page editor in Online Store > Pages. If you're looking for more customization options in the meantime, I'd suggest checking out some page builder apps on the Shopify App Store, a list of which you can find here.

I hope I have helped answer your question but please do let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi @Victor , thank you very much for the exhaustive answer but I explained myself wrongly.

For example in this theme 

Schermata 2019-10-22 alle 11.05.27.png

there is a page Contact Us with a map,

but if I can add section and block only in Home Page and all other page are pre setted and I can add only title and text, where I can set pointer of map?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
184 22 40

Hi @Dadde21,

It's good to hear back from you. You can embed a Google Map with a highlighted location in a contact page, which is separate from the homepage. You'll need to grab the embed page from Google and add it to your page's URL, and we have a guide for this process here.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes