Solved

Access to site only for people with a specific email

JakeWankmueller
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello there,

i am in the process of setting up a temporary store for my university. We want to sell some merchandise to our students. But we are only allowed sell to a limited group. For example only to people with an email that end with @example-uni.com. Can I add a verification step or even Link the Checkout to our Universities Emails/Google Accounts?

If that is not an Option we could also sort out the Orders by ourselves but then the money shouldn't be transferred until we give the OK. So kind of like an extra step that lets us control who finishes the Checkout. Or is this already the Case and I can always just deny an order? 

Thanks for the help 🙂

Accepted Solution (1)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @JakeWankmueller 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question. There is actually an application with this specific functionality. Locksmith is an app that allows merchants to lock their store or certain parts of their store from the general public. Once the site is locked customers can gain access if they have the right "key". One option for this is having the customer's email contain something specific i.e. they must use an email ending in @example-uni.com, for example. This app comes with a 14-day trial and is then $9 per month. 

Alternatively, if you did not want to use an app you could set your checkout to only capture payments when you have authorized the payment capture. You can learn all about payment capturing here

All the Best,

Bo 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @JakeWankmueller 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question. There is actually an application with this specific functionality. Locksmith is an app that allows merchants to lock their store or certain parts of their store from the general public. Once the site is locked customers can gain access if they have the right "key". One option for this is having the customer's email contain something specific i.e. they must use an email ending in @example-uni.com, for example. This app comes with a 14-day trial and is then $9 per month. 

Alternatively, if you did not want to use an app you could set your checkout to only capture payments when you have authorized the payment capture. You can learn all about payment capturing here

All the Best,

Bo 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

JakeWankmueller
Tourist
8 0 1

Perfect! Thanks!