Add Express Payment Options on Checkout

NinaUe1
Excursionist
14 0 2

Hello! My store is greenpolarbear.org

I am trying to add the express checkout option to the checkout page, so customers can make use of the voucher option and still use paypal express checkout. 

Suggestions are greatly appreciated! thanks

Replies 3 (3)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hi, @NinaUe1!

Sophia here from Shopify.

When customers checkout with PayPal Express, they are first sent to PayPal to enter their shipping and billing information, and then they should be sent back to your Shopify checkout to complete their purchase, at which point they'll be able to select a shipping method and enter a discount code.

If you haven't already, I recommend testing PayPal with a personal account (a different email address than the one you have used for the PayPal business account). Let me know how that goes.

Alternatively, depending on where you're located, you may be able to use PayPal Payflow Pro instead. I haven't personally tested this option, though I've heard that it provides a more intuitive process for customers at checkout. I'm happy to check whether PayPal Payflow Pro is supported in your area if you're interested in trying it out.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

NinaUe1
Excursionist
14 0 2

Hi! Thanks for your reply! 

This is very unconvenient for a good customer journey, as customers want to see the amount they need to pay AFTER the voucher has been deducted (not when they already typed in everything - that is not the point of express checkouts). That's why I'm asking how the paypal express option can be visible on the checkout page. 

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

I appreciate you wanting to make the customer experience as simple and easy as possible.

At the moment, PayPal Express Checkout is an option in your store's checkout. This means when customers click the Checkout button from the cart page, they are brought to the checkout where they can select the PayPal Express option either before or after entering a discount code in the field shown below. If the PayPal Express button were on the cart page instead, I'm not sure that customers would still get to enter a discount code, but the way you have it set up will allow them to do so.

29-34-67755-53780

Customers with a PayPal account shouldn't need to type in anything more than their email and password to login to PayPal. I went through this process on my test store and the shipping and billing information was filled in for me as soon as I logged in with my PayPal account. If a customer applies a discount code before selecting PayPal Express Checkout, they will see the updated price, but this price may still change after they login with their PayPal account, because it isn't until the next stage of the checkout that they would select their shipping method. So, if your store charges for shipping, that cost will be added at the next stage of the checkout. 

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if I've misunderstood what you're looking for or if there's anything I can clarify further.

Have you tested the PayPal Express checkout process on your store with a personal PayPal account? 

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog