Add To Cart Not Working

BlossomLane
2 0 1

I am having an issue with customers not being able to add my items in my store to the shopping cart when they select the inside text option. It only adds the inside message fee and not the card itself.  I use Infinite Options by Shopad.

I have contacted them and waiting on a reply, but wondered if its anything anyone on here would be able to assist me with at all please.

I have never had this issue before its always worked fine, the error only started happening when i recently stopped sales to my website due to low stock and i have now put them all back in stock again and i am now getting this error.

I would be very grateful if anyone is able to assist me please.

www.blossomlanecards.co.uk

Kind Regards

Jennifer

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
629 65 120

Hi, @BlossomLane!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thanks for sharing your question. I was happy to look over your site, and I'm not sure if I was able to replicate the issue. Here's what happens when I add a product to my cart, and include 'inside text' like you suggested: 

06-21-7i16q-s8acx

Based on this, it definitely looks like I am being charged for the product. Can you confirm the following for me:

• Are you able to replicate the issue that has been reported?
  • Are all customers experiencing this, or just a few?
  • Does it happen on all products, or some?
  • + Any chance you can score me a screenshot of what you see to help me better understand the issue.

Furthermore, you mentioned you are using the Infinite Options app by ShopPad. Based on what you have described, I am almost certain this would be related to the app. Have they been in touch with you yet?

For any other readers, here's a quick reminder on how to get support for your third-party apps. 

I look forward to your reply,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
BlossomLane
2 0 1

Hi Olivia,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  The reason it is working for you and adding the product to the shopping cart correctly is that I had to remove the conditional logic option set I had set up and change to a standard text box with no fee for the inside wording as I had so many customers phoning and emailing to say they couldnt order so had to use a workaround to allow customers to order until such times we have the problem resolved.

I spent all last night to try and narrow down what was going wrong and it is most definitley to do with the infinite options shopad app, so I have seeked further assitance from them and they are actively working on the problem for me.

Thanks again for trying to assist.

Kind Regards

Jennifer

Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
629 65 120

Thanks for getting back to me and providing that update, @BlossomLane.

That definitely explains things. Once you hear back from the App Developer please share the solution with us for any future readers; it would be much appreciated!

P.S. I forgot to mention in my reply earlier, but I absolutely love your site and products. It definitely gave me all the feels.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog