Add checkable box to accept terms of trade

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 1

Hi, I have a small problem with my shop: if you access it with the german version of the site, during checkout, it says that the customer is consenting to our terms of trade and shipping policy by completing the purchase. However there is no box you can check to confirm this. In Germany the law dictates that the customer must actively consent to the terms of trade. I couldnt find an option for this in my settings, do I have to code this in? My shop url is ehre-official.de if you want to see what im talking about.

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
195 15 32

Hi, @Ehre-Official!

This is Rae from the Shopify team.

Thanks for posting this question. I can certainly help discuss the different ways to get this checkbox added to the cart on your site. 

If you're comfortable with coding, we have a great tutorial that outlines how to add in a checkbox that customers can use to agree to your terms and conditions. This is an advanced tutorial though, so if you aren't able to complete the steps on your own, I recommend reaching out to Shopify Experts for additional help with this. 

Apps can also be used to add this checkbox onto your site. A few choices for this are: Agree to Terms and Conditions and I Agree To Terms. Neither of these apps require any coding, so this is a great option to consider if you aren't familiar with code. However, these are third party applications, so if you have any questions about setting these apps up, or about the billing associated with using these apps, please reach out to the app developers directly for more information. Since the developers built and fully support these apps, they're the best people to direct any questions towards. 

If there is anything else I can assist with, please let me know! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

1 Like
Excursionist
15 0 1

Thanks a lot for your help, the shopify tutorial worked perfectly!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
195 15 32

Hi, @Ehre-Official

You're welcome! I'm glad to hear the tutorial worked. 

Feel free to reach back out with any other questions or concerns. 

Best, 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes