Add new module/band to homepage

rubinj30
2 0 0

I am a front-end dev, but new to Shopify, so I apologize as I don't understand the full ecosystem of what other themes/sites code looks like. 

I have a homepage that has different modules/bands that the client can update themselves. There are a few standard modules that they use "bricks", "slider", "items". "section-fluid".

I am being asked to create a module that is similar to "items", but I think they still want the option to use "items" as it currently is, so i cant just edit it. 

So, I am just confused about how to add a new module to show up in the CMS as an option. Any suggestions on where to look?

The names of these are used all over the site so I haven't been able to find them by searching. 

Thank you!!

0 Likes
rubinj30
2 0 0

I think I answered my own question... I guess I just have to add a file under the Sections directory. Thanks! Y'all have been great!

Now since I've already got this post up, how about some other general questions i've had: 

- Do most Shopify devs work in the portal or get the code running locally on the computer? I haven't been able to get it running locally when following the Readme's instructions and following the errors occurring in the browser. 
- Do some files show older versions but not other? 

I really would like to have some better version control, like i get with git. 

0 Likes