Add specific products gallery on storefront pages

Archalia
2 0 0

Hello guys,

I am completely new to shopify and I need your help in order to find the best way to approach my issue.

I have my own shop in which I have some pages describing some ingredients, and I sell products containing those ingredients.

I would like on Ingredient A page, to display some kind of a gallery of all my products containing this ingredient.

I was thinking of maybe create an automated collection based on tag (create a tag for each ingredient), but I don't want to add a link on the menu for this collection, I want to embed the collection within an already existing page with a slider for instance. is it possible ? Is it possible to create a theme section and put the collection in this section but how can I customise the way the collection is rendered ?

Or maybe the solution is to create some kind of App / snippet of code that I can include in my Liquid template, with a parameter (ingredient name, or tag name), and it will fetch all related products and display them as I want using a custom template. But from my research, I did not find any solution to trigger / display dynamic html content by fetching and managing data within a specific storefront page.

Any other idea ?

Which solution is the best and easy to implement ?

Thank you guys for you help and suggestions

0 Likes

Hi @Archalia ,

yes its possible to show desired products/a particular collection's products on the bottom of your ingredient pages. some shopify themes allow to do this by default but for some themes, we will have to add some codes/snippets. can you please share your store's link and ingredient page's link here or to my DM for better understanding of the issue

Thanks in advance

The Leader Media, Shopify Agency for Brands
Hire Us- Email: support@theleadermedia.com, WhatsApp: +917012490592 - Skype: live:197268f709e05aec
0 Likes
Archalia
2 0 0

@Level_3_Expert  Thank you for your response

I don't have it set up yet, just wondering how to do this.

So yes I can add a custom collection on a page using section, but I don't know how much I can customise the collection rendering.

And if you had to do this using code ans snippets, how could you do this ? Do you have tutorials or blog posts that explain how to do it ?

0 Likes