Add to Cart Issue

AshleighB
4 0 0

Looking for assistance with fixing an issue with our Add to Cart.

We have multiple products, and some have multiple variants.  When Product X is added to the cart in Variant 1, it adds no problem.  If the customer wants to also add Product X to the cart in Variant 2, this over rides the first add and changes the cart contents to only Product X in Variant 2 and totals the two quantities.

Our customers need to be able to order the same product in all variants offered.

We have two sites, one retail and one wholesale.  This is NOT an issue for our retails website, only our wholesale site.  I appreciate any assistance anyone can offer! 

0 Likes
CANDISOFT
Shopify Partner
1035 140 463

are you using any app for wholesale website?

For Contact : candisoft100@gmail.com
Want to customize Shopify storefront? Check the PageFly app
75,000+ Active Shopify merchants. TOP5 best Shopify Apps.
0 Likes
AshleighB
4 0 0

We are using the following apps: Charge Me Later, Instabuy (this is a quick order page, that we have no trouble with), Order Limits (MinMaxify) and Locksmith. 

0 Likes
AshleighB
4 0 0

We are using the following apps: Charge Me Later, Instabuy (this is a quick order page, that we have no trouble with), Order Limits (MinMaxify) and Locksmith. 

0 Likes
CANDISOFT
Shopify Partner
1035 140 463

there might be issue due apps or code. need to check the code.

For Contact : candisoft100@gmail.com
Want to customize Shopify storefront? Check the PageFly app
75,000+ Active Shopify merchants. TOP5 best Shopify Apps.
0 Likes
ShanifAtApteo
Shopify Partner
35 3 6

Hi @AshleighBglad to help you with your question. I’m sure, my given answer will help to solve your problem as adding the given code below in the section

Product and variants have one to many relation and you need to modify your cart code you can treat variant as a separate product in cart template like this

{% unless item.product.has_only_default_variant %}

<span class="label variant">

{{ item.variant.title }}

</span>

{% endunless %}

Hopefully, that solves your problem. If not, please let me know if you're seeing any other issues.

Shanif Dhanani, CEO and data scientist at Apteo
- Was I able to help? Click Like to let me know!
- If I was able to answer your question, click Accept as Solution
- Want to increase your customer lifetime value with A.I.? Check out Apteo
0 Likes