Add to Cart not showing or taking ages to load

carryon
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi!

Thanks for reading! We've been having feedback from visitors experiencing a problem with the add to cart button not displaying. This is something that doesn't happen to all visitors. Mostly from mobile users and across locations, meaning from different countries. I can't get to understand what could be the problem since when we open any product page from our side ( for example: https://www.perfezione-lingerie.com/collections/perfezione-bralettes/products/lys-pink ) we see the add to cart butto in both mobile AND desktop, but others cant.  Any ideas of what is causing this or how to solve?

PS: theme is debut. We think it might be one of the apps overwriting the add to cart code, but wondering if just by deleting the app this problem will be solved?

Thanks!

0 Likes
ThemuMitch
Explorer
45 11 11

@carryon,

Out of the box, the Debut theme shouldn't have this issue. You're correct in thinking the issue could be caused by an app. It could also be caused by custom code you've added to the Debut theme files, though I don't know if this applies to your case.

I'm sure you've already done so, but searching <APP NAME> add to cart button not showing in Google, for each app installed on your store, will help you discover if others have had the same issue with a particular app.

If that doesn't help, then I'd uninstall each app one-by-one and see if the problem persists. Beware that some apps may modify the theme of your online store, so you should check to see if the app requires additional uninstallation steps before you remove the app from your store – check the developer's website of each app.

I hope this helps.

Was your problem solved? Please mark this post as an Accepted Solution
carryon
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi!

Thanks for the reply. At the end it was an app that was uninstalled looong ago but the code was still running in the store...

It took us a while to discover which one was causing this. But thanks so much for the help!

PS: For anyone reading this with the same problem, be aware and careful of the apps you install, as some of them really need some in-depth uninstallation process... The one causing my problem was a PRE-ORDER app that was "holding" the add to cart button until it fully load causing that some people couldnt see the button at all.

Hope it helps!

0 Likes