Adding Customer Note via Newsletter customer form - not working?

HandHugs
Shopify Expert
158 0 34

I have followed the steps from this documentation:

https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-get-more-information-with-customer-registration-form

but when I test out our customer form in a newsletter pop up, the customer gets added but the note's field is nowhere to be seen, and the customer notes are blank. Is this working for anyone??

0 Likes

Hello ,

You have to add field in

Online Store->Theme->Edit code->Sections->newsletter.liquid

file to display it in newsletter.

The tutorial you are refering is for customer registration form.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
HandHugs
Shopify Expert
158 0 34
I added it to the newsletter form. The field shows for the customer but when I test it on the site and submit, the form submits but there are no notes on the customers profile.
0 Likes
Frida99
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue — I was able to use the tutorial linked to get notes in the customer registration form working, I even used the same method to customize the contact form. It does not work on the Newsletter form, you can still subscribe and it still creates an account, but the customer has no notes, no name, just an email.

Has anyone successfully customized their Shopify Newsletter Form? 

0 Likes
HandHugs
Shopify Expert
158 0 34
I was not ever able to get this to work :(
0 Likes
michael-helium
Shopify Expert
181 1 107

Hello @HandHugs and @Frida99,

This should be simple to accomplish using the Customer Fields app. We've added a customer note editor in the app which makes it easy to inject any field from your form into the customer note (without overwriting any previous customer note data, of course!)

Michael | Business Development @ Helium
Helium builds apps that merchants depend on:
- Customer Fields
- Meteor Mega Menu