Adding Sections to pages other than the home page

dannbryant
Visitor
2 0 0

Highlighted in blue on both pages, you can see there is an add section on the home page but in the community page for example there isnt anything. This is using the debut theme which is free. Does paying for a theme fix this or is there a way i can get this on all pages in the website design to allow for easy adjustability. 

Screenshot (65)_LI.jpgScreenshot (67)_LI.jpg

Replies 4 (4)

iDoThemes
Trailblazer
207 43 91

Yes you can do this, no paying for a theme won't change this.  The index page has functionality to add any section to the page.  If you wish to do this on other pages you need to do it manually in code by adding something like:

{% section 'section-name' %}

To the relevant template/file. Once you've done that it will show up in the sidebar so you can modify the settings.

Developer of Liquify Chrome Extension -- Enhance the Shopify Theme Code Editor

Theme Developer -- Drop me a line
dannbryant
Visitor
2 0 0

So there is no possible way to get around it without manually coding ?? Just want to make it easy and simple to use but this seems to be making it very confusing. Where as Wix allows it to be much simpler.

iDoThemes
Trailblazer
207 43 91

Not right now no, this is currently being worked on by Shopify though (called Sections Everywhere), so it will be a feature in the future.

Developer of Liquify Chrome Extension -- Enhance the Shopify Theme Code Editor

Theme Developer -- Drop me a line

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1135

Hi @dannbryant

This is not possible, you cannot add sections for subpages.

You can just call sections with {% section 'section-name' %} statement and by default it's always visible, can't change the order and everything through the Customize.

Or you can create a section that includes the sections to display and add it as blocks.

Hope it helps!

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify