Adding an Additional Page to Narrative

deldracm
6 0 0

Hi there! 

I am trying to add an additional page to my Narrative theme.  I have created a new page template, but I am having trouble finding the correct section to copy into my new template.  Does anyone know which section in Narrative works to provide access to all of the different elements in the theme?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~david

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
431 55 81

Hi there @deldracm!

Ryder here from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! Are you trying to add a link to the newly created page, so that it's accessible on your home page? Or are you trying to assign your new template to a page?

If you're trying to add a menu link to your Home page, this can be added in your Admin under Online store > Navigation. We have a help doc on how to do that here

If you're trying to assign your new template to a page, this help doc might help you out. You would essentially need to go into Online store > Pages, and either create a new page or select the page you'd like the template to be applied to. On the right hand side of the page, under Theme templates, you would be able to select which page template you want to assign.

If you have any other questions at all, please let me know! 

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
deldracm
6 0 0

Hi Ryder,

Thanks for responding so quickly.  I have been able to create an additional page which is what I am trying to do.  What I am not able to do is create it so that all of the different sections are available on that page in the same way that they are available on my homepage.  In the past, I have been able to create a new section by finding the section that includes all of the elements that my homepage has and copy and pasting them into my new template.  But I can't figure out which section in Narrative that I need to use to add this capability to my new page.  Does that make sense?  Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
431 55 81

Hi again!

Thank you for clarifying what you're trying to accomplish. It sounds like you're trying to locate the sections available on the Home page, and embed them into your newly create page template. Because I'm not an expert in theme coding, I wouldn't be too sure where to get the sections you're looking for, for the template you are trying to create. You can browse for them in the code editor, however, by going to Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code. I hope you're able to locate them there.

What I can suggest is looking at using an app to help you with page building, such as PageFly or Shogun. Alternatively, you can look at hiring an Expert to assist you with this. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more assistance, but I do hope this answer offers some direction.

King regards.

0 Likes
humblymade
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey Ryder, 

I am trying to add new page templates to this same theme as well and nothing seems to work. Once I have created the new template as a new page it will not show up in my admin under the Template suffix dropdown. No matter what I do after I create a new template all I get are these two options. 

Can you help?  

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 4.49.38 PM.png

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
431 55 81

That's interesting! While I'm not personally a coding expert, I would imagine if the template was created correctly (by following the steps outlined in this developer guide) it should display accurately as an option when selecting a page template. Are you using a Chrome browser? Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies and attempting again? 

If after trying that it still doesn't seem to work, please let me know. I can look at moving our conversation over to email where we can have you authenticated and I'd be happy to take a look into your account to see what I can find out for you.

Cheers.

0 Likes
humblymade
Tourist
4 0 1
Hey Ryder thanks for your comments. I finally figured out what was going
on. I basically had to make the site live for the changes to show up.
humblymade
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey guys need a bit more help. 

I'm building additional pages for my theme but all the pages I create there is an extra white space at the bottom before the footer. I've attached a reference. Anyone know why that is and how to get rid of it? 

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 3.51.22 PM.png

0 Likes
yobo
1 0 0

I am trying to do the exact same thing. I find it strange I cant pick homepage as a template. How did you fix this?

0 Likes