Adding an arrow to submenu submenu Debut Theme

Elisaw
Explorer
79 2 11

Hello,

I am working on a page for a client and he asked me to add a two categories to an item in the submenu. That makes it a submenu within the submenu if that makes sense. Here is a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 6.05.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-25 at 6.05.25 PM.png

It would be nice if the sub-sub-menu had a dropdown arrow as well instead of just showing the sub-categories straight away. Can anyone help? I am using Debut Theme. Here is the URL of the shop: tartar-berlin.com.

Thanks so much in advance!

Replies 6 (6)

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 485

Dear @Elisaw 

Hope the following suggestion will help you

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > themes.
  2. Locate your current theme and then click Actions > Edit code.
  3. After that in the Assets folder, click to open your theme.scss.liquid file.
  4. Go to the very bottom of this file and paste the following code:

/* Start */
.header-section .site-nav .col-10 .site-nav--has-dropdown .site-nav__dropdown .site-nav__childlist-grid ul {position: relative;}
.header-section .site-nav .col-10 .site-nav--has-dropdown .site-nav__dropdown .site-nav__childlist-grid ul:before {margin-left: 25px; position: absolute; background-image: url(https://cdn4.iconfinder.com/data/icons/basic-user-interface-elements/700/right-forward-arrow-256.png); left: -10px; top: 5px; width: 8px; height: 8px;}
/* End*/

• Ensure that the code was copied exactly from this guide and pasted correctly, making sure no characters or symbols are missing.
  • Save and check your theme by refreshing it.

Elisaw
Explorer
79 2 11

@MS-WEB-DESIGNERThanks for your help! I tried the code but it doesn't seem to work... you can check on the live website: tartar-berlin.com. Do you have any suggestions?

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 485

then need to check your store backend.

Elisaw
Explorer
79 2 11

@MS-WEB-DESIGNERokay, are you able to do this? What do you need from me? 🙂 Thanks a lot!

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
3012 181 485

Yes we can help you. 

Elisaw
Explorer
79 2 11

@MS-WEB-DESIGNERgreat! what do you need from me?