Adding custom language to checkout process

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi all - I don't want to ship to PO boxes. How can i add a line in the check out process that says "sorry we cannot ship to PO Boxes" so that a customer is aware of this policy. I disabled USPS shipping except for the lightest/cheapest option as that option is used for a few of my items. So if a customer with a po box tries to buy anything that is heavier than 13 oz. an error message pops up, but it doesn't give them the reason why. 

any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
144 13 33

Hi @NobleMarket 

Without knowing exactly what you have set up or which error message you have set to pop up, it's hard to give an exact instruction, but you can usually find a place in your language settings in your theme.

If the error message that is popping up is a default one from your theme, you can probably find it by going to your language settings and searching for part or all of the verbiage in the error message. 

When you find that line item in the settings, you should be able to add the requested verbiage in the field for that message.

(Themes -> 'Actions' dropdown on your active theme -> Edit Languages)

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thanks for the input, this will help with the error message. (i am using the Supply theme) However, I still would like a line of text where the address bar is that says "sorry we do not ship to PO Box" so people know not to put one in there in the first place. Any suggestions? 

thanks!

0 Likes