Solved

Can I add a small disclaimer on my Debut theme footer in Shopify?

triombros
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi, 

First of all let me start off with the fact that I don't know anything about coding. I've tried multiple things but none of them seemed to work. I'm using the Debut theme and I was wondering how it is possible to add a small disclaimer underneath the copyright text at the footer. 

I have the disclaimer on the footer now, but I've added it as a normal text through the editor, which is too big in my opinion. I would like to have it way smaller at the very bottom of the site.

DISCLAIMER: These claims/statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read More

^Something like the above. I would like the "read more" link to redirect my customers to a disclaimer page where I ellaborate on this. 

Can anyone who is more experienced with coding help me out? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Accepted Solution (1)

Developer-G
Shopify Partner
3033 593 846

This is an accepted solution.

Hello 

<div class="grid__item">
        <small class="site-footer__copyright-content"> 
          DISCLAIMER: These claims/statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. <a href="/page"> Read More </a>
        </small>
      </div>

Don't forget to change href and save code after changes 
If you have still any issue. please drop a email, I'll help you to do this.
Thanks

- If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
- Want to modify or custom changes or bug fix on store Hire me.
- Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com - Skype: navrocks1 ,
- Try GEMPAGES a great page builder
-Advance Search Filter

View solution in original post

Replies 11 (11)

Developer-G
Shopify Partner
3033 593 846

This is an accepted solution.

Hello 

<div class="grid__item">
          DISCLAIMER: These claims/statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. <a href="/page"> Read More </a>
        </small>
      </div>

Don't forget to change href and save code after changes 
If you have still any issue. please drop a email, I'll help you to do this.
Thanks

-Advance Search Filter
triombros
Tourist
5 0 1

Worked perfectly, thank you very much!

Developer-G
Shopify Partner
3033 593 846

Welcome, if you find me helpful, you are welcome to donate any small amount for encouragement.

-Advance Search Filter
alsegura
Visitor
1 0 0

Guleria, 

I did as you mentioned above however I do not know what href is or how to change it. 

antomar
Visitor
2 0 0

I've tried adding the code into my store (theme: debut), but it didn't work.  Wondering if you could give some advice?

Developer-G
Shopify Partner
3033 593 846

Sounds strange, you have to just follow the steps I mentioned but anyhow if you are not aware of it drop an email and staff account and I'll config it.

-Advance Search Filter
antomar
Visitor
2 0 0
Just got your response about the disclaimer box for the footer. What do you need from me?

ElectronicsLA
Tourist
7 0 1

hi there,

would you be able to add a legal affiliation disclaimer onto my Shopify footer, I have something i would like to add. 

Facesconsulting
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello I need to be able to add the FDA disclaimer to the home page how can I do this step by step please explain if possible. 

TFN205
Excursionist
37 0 8

How do I center this text? it is to the left currently.

chatenpatelnew2
Visitor
1 0 0

This worked very well for me using the refresh theme although I had to place it somewhere else in the code - used trial and error to get position right - ALso I remove the grid class!

<div>
        </small>
      </div>