Adding klaviyo as the default newsletter capture to my theme

Solved
MattTemper
Tourist
6 0 2

Theme:  wokiee 2.0.3

page:  www.usetemper.com 

Problem:  I would like the newsletter feature in our footer to use klaviyo instead of the default Shopify method.  How can I update the newsletter box to use klaviyo instead of shopify?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1038 96 244

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @MattTemper!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

It doesn't look like the Wokiee theme is available in the Shopify Theme Store, but I did manage to find this theme on ThemeForest.net here. There, I took a look at the Comments section and searched for "Klaviyo" to see if any other users have inquired about using this particular email marketing app with their theme. I did find some comments from the developers that indicate that their theme is compatible with Klaviyo. 

However, because this is a third-party theme, I'm unable to confirm whether the Klaviyo integration is offered directly within the theme editor. If you aren't seeing the option to integrate with Klaviyo, then I suggest reaching out to the developers for assistance. You can find their contact information directly on their theme listing on ThemeForest.net. When it comes to getting support with third-party themes, contacting the developers directly is often the best course of action, especially since they know their theme's code inside and out. 

That being said, I also took a look at Klaviyo's help documentation and it looks like there's actually a setting within your Klaviyo app that allows you to Collect email subscribers. With this option selected, your email subscribers within the Customers section of your Shopify admin will be automatically synced with Klaviyo. This means that if a customer subscribes through the standard Shopify newsletter form, they'll still be added to your Klaviyo list. You can learn more about syncing your newsletter subscribers here.  

I hope this helps clear things up! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes