Adding "Read More" to product description

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

Hello!

I have been trying to add read more tab to reduce the length of my product descriptions and i read a few old posts but none really helped. please help. i just need the basic steps to get it done. im new to coding so hopefully someone can make it as easy as possible. i am using the Debut theme. 

thanks,

joe

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
467 24 56

Hey, @jmomand!

Ava here from Shopify :)

This is something our theme support team can do for you! In order to do so, I'll just need to authenticate you as the account owner first. I've just sent an email to the email attached to your Forums account. If you could reply to me there, we can get started and I can send your information over to the team.

Alternatively, if you are comfortable with some coding yourself, I found a similar forum post here that may help you out! We also have a range of tabbed description apps if you would like to take a look there, they may also help to achieve what you are looking for.

Let me know which direction you would like to go in, happy to assist either way!

Ava

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

email sent =]

1 Like
Tourist
13 0 1
Hi Ava, do you know if anyone will respond. its been about 10 days. thanks
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
467 24 56

Hey @jmomand!

I can see Richard from our theme support team replied to you on July 25th on ticket 13671150, could you take a look to see if you have the email? He has made those changes for you, but he has sent you instructions on how to apply the changes he has made. Let me know if you can see that email, if not I can send it through to you again!

Ava

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1
Hello Ava,

Thanks for your reply! I have not received it. Please forward that email to me thanks!
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
467 24 56

No problem at all, I've just sent that email again! It is ticket 13788189 and it was sent to the email account you use to log into your Forums account. 

Let me know how you get on!

Ava

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

Hi i have received the email. thank you. the only issue i am having is getting to the HTML page on the product page. Richard said to press <> to get to it but it doesn't seem to be working. i'm new to coding so i'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong. 

0 Likes
Tourist
13 0 1

Hello, i have figured out how to add the read more button but when i click the button it does not open the rest of the description. it does nothing. 

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
467 24 56

Hey, again! 

I believe yourself and Richard from our Theme Support team were able to resolve this by removing the extra javascript that was added to your theme. I will close off this post for the time being, but feel free to pop back here at any stage! Happy to help :)

Ava

Social Care Guru

0 Likes